It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

breast skin replacement??

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
idontknow344
(female)

idontknow344 HB User
Exclamation breast skin replacement??

Hi everyone

I have a strange question.

I have a hormonal problem (PCOS) which has caused me to break out in acne and infected hair follicles on my body. I had a lot on both breasts which of course, I picked and now I have scars all over my breasts where the hair follicles are (so all over). I lost a lot of weight and the problem has lessened but now I am stuck with all these brown scars (I am fair skinned) all over.

I was considering a breast lift and I tried to ask this question at the surgery center but they want to charge me $170 for consultation.

Is it possible to replace breast skin with... grafting or something? Or is there anything that can be done specifically to hair follicle scars on breasts?

If not, what would be the best way to get rid of these scars?!

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2016, 07:10 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: breast skin replacement??

Any kind of skin graft will leave you with much more scarring than having acne scars. Visit a Cosmetic Spa or Laser center in your area. There are lasers which resurface skin and remove scarring. I had it done to my face years back and the lasers have actually gotten better since then.
The down time is minimal; and it only hurts for a short time when they are dong the procedure...but this removes the epidermis (outside layer of the skin) which in turn will allow new healthy skin to form. During the recovery you will be red, like a sunburn, but it wont stop you from going to work or school..

Lasering is your best option. No need for surgery which will cause much more scarring!

Reply Reply