It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2003, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

Kaycee41 HB User
Lines around my mouth

Hi everyone! I am 44, and the past several years have been noticing deep lines forming around my mouth. The rest of my face is holding up pretty well for my age...and I don't think I'm anymore vain than the next woman...but these lines are driving me nuts. Guess it's heredity, my Grandma had them. I don't smoke, but I have had a couple bad sunburns on the face. I grew up in the 70's when everyone wanted that "Coppertone Tan". Has anyone had any procedure done to help with the deep lines around the mouth? Did they inprove? I don't know if I should look for a plastic surgeon or dermatologist? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2003, 07:32 PM   #2

ronam HB User
Re: Lines around my mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaycee41
Hi everyone! I am 44, and the past several years have been noticing deep lines forming around my mouth. The rest of my face is holding up pretty well for my age...and I don't think I'm anymore vain than the next woman...but these lines are driving me nuts. Guess it's heredity, my Grandma had them. I don't smoke, but I have had a couple bad sunburns on the face. I grew up in the 70's when everyone wanted that "Coppertone Tan". Has anyone had any procedure done to help with the deep lines around the mouth? Did they inprove? I don't know if I should look for a plastic surgeon or dermatologist? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Hi, I have lines around my mouth also. First I tried chemical laser and that did not work. I have put collagen in and that helped until I developed an immunity to it and it disapears in about three weeks. The last thing I did was restalin and the lines are right back. I am going to try radiance which is more permanent. Do you know anythng about that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2003, 06:21 AM   #3
Inactive

jitjit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronam
Hi, I have lines around my mouth also. First I tried chemical laser and that did not work. I have put collagen in and that helped until I developed an immunity to it and it disapears in about three weeks. The last thing I did was restalin and the lines are right back. I am going to try radiance which is more permanent. Do you know anythng about that?
check out the thermage thread or you could check into some fillers. I had the thermage and am starting to see improvement. also am using frownies to try to keep them from getting worse.also glycolic peels can help with the fine lines. I feel your pain, the lines around my mouth are what bother me most on my face.

Old 11-21-2003, 08:43 PM   #4

Kosette HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitjit
check out the thermage thread or you could check into some fillers. I had the thermage and am starting to see improvement. also am using frownies to try to keep them from getting worse.also glycolic peels can help with the fine lines. I feel your pain, the lines around my mouth are what bother me most on my face.
Hi Jitjit!
I am scheduled for the thermacool treatment next week, and sure hope to see results. What is frownies, and are you doing the glycolic peels or is your doctor? Thanks.

Old 11-22-2003, 07:48 AM   #5
Inactive

vbcmemphis HB User

Kaycee, I too suffer from lines around my mouth. I have one sever line that comes vertically down from my nose to the lip. I've had collegen in my lips. That helps but I felt as though I had big lumps of something in my lips. I wondered if the radiance would give that foreign object feeling. Also, collegen made me look like Daffy Duck. Not the result I was hoping for. I was hoping for Julia Roberts. I am considering erbium laser or CO2 laser for acne scaring and hopefully it would help this line also. It is supposed to cause the underlying collegen to become stimulated.

In the meantime ladies, this is what I do for temporary help. At night I apply a one inch strip of adhesive tape on the line because I think the position I sleep in causes the line to form while I am sleeping. (I sleep on my side.) Do you notice your lines being really noticable when you first wake up? I keep the tape on the
bedside table and apply after I turn out the light, so hubby is unaware. Also, don't use straws or whistle. If you put a large smile on your face these lines will disappear. Warning: This may cause other lines in other areas.
The things we do to be beautiful or at least less offensive.

Old 11-22-2003, 09:48 AM   #6
(female)

Kaycee41 HB User

I already sleep with a mouth guard because of "clenching" my teeth at night...if I started sleeping with tape on my lip my poor husband would probably be talking to a divorce lawyer ! I have heard that sleeping on a silk pillow case my help decrease wrinkles on the face and also less wear-n-tear on your hair. I have my doubts it helps any...but couldn't hurt. You're right, us women will try anything to stay beautiful. I never thought I would be the type to worry about a few wrinkles, but the first time I noticed these lines around my mouth I wanted to run to the nearest PC. There are sooo many new procedures out there now. I don't know what to try. I don't want my mouth to look "funny". I've seen recent pictures of Meg Ryan, and her mouth doesn't look quite right. It looks like she's had something done. Also, I don't want to spend a fortune on something that doesn't work or is very temporary. Seem like some of the "fillers" are so overpriced for what's involved! It also seems like lines around the mouth are the hardest to do anything about. (IMO, they're the ones that really make you look old...I'* trade them for lines around my eyes or on my forehead anyday). When I was young I thought they'* fine a cure for old-age before I got here...sigh!!

Old 12-04-2003, 01:08 PM   #7

JanetinHouston HB User

Hi Kaycee,

Have you ever heard of Obaji Nu Derm? It is a daily skincare system. I am 36 years old and started using it after I got second degree burns on my face. I have also had two Obaji blue peels. My skin looks better than when I was 20 and all my friends wonder why my skin looks so firm. It will take time, but I think every woman should be on a good skin care program.

I have seen Obaji available over the internet. Go to a plastic surgeon first to get evaluated and to have the system explained in detail to you. The system also incorporates Retin-A. I absolutely love the system and swear by it!

Good luck.

Closed Thread