It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2004, 06:31 PM   #1

sydney2004 HB User
Photo Facial

Hi,
Has anyone had experience with Foto Facials? I have been to a dermatologist for acne scarring and weird scarring/roughness on my upper lip from hair removal. There is also redness and it is really embarassing. He suggested a series of 3-5 but they are $500 each and I am reluctant to just 'try it'. Has anyone used them for scarring, and if so, what were your results? Any info appreciated!
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 05:51 PM   #2

Jaquiline HB User
Lightbulb Re: Photo Facial

I have rosacea (redness in my face) and have just signed up to get a series of epi facials, which are photo facials, to remove/reduce the redness. My first one is on Saturday, so I'll let you know how it goes. If you buy a series of them it costs less overall (though it's still expensive -- $2000 for 5 for me).

Last edited by Jaquiline; 07-27-2004 at 05:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 01:36 PM   #3
Inactive

getlean2 HB User
Re: Photo Facial

Hi There! i am the queen of photo facials.. fortunately by now, she gives me a big break and they're no more for me than a thorough facial and SO much more beneficial! They get rid of the brown AND red spots and give you an overall better texture. If she goes in a bit too agressively i get sore of brown like a light abrasion. Its all the pigment coming to the surface. After 4 days for me... i'm looking a lot better.
let me know what you thought... i've done it for about 2 years now.
Caroline

Old 08-04-2004, 07:50 PM   #4

Jaquiline HB User
Thumbs up Re: Photo Facial

Hi --
I am only 27 but as I said in my last post am in the beginning stages of rosacea, and when I blush I get really, really red for a long time. I'm also just kind of blotchy. So, I had my first photo facial (called the "Epifacial") at Beauty Therapies in Cambridge, MA (winner of the Best of Boston every year) and I am SOOOO HAPPPYY!!!! Even just on the third day after my treatment my fiance noticed that I wasn't blushing after drinking wine (which I ALWAYS do). He had been skeptical, but now he's even excited for me. I was red after the treatment, but the redness faded by the end of the second day post procedure. I also had some dry patches which are back to normal today. Today, the fourth day, overall I am back to normal, but NO MORE BLUSHING!!! So, I am turning into their biggest advertiser now Good luck with it -- I think it's well worth the money.

Old 09-16-2004, 11:42 PM   #5

ttzwolf HB User

Hiya,

Are you guys refering photo facial to IPL rejuvenation? Are they the same?

Old 10-01-2004, 11:37 PM   #6
Inactive

getlean2 HB User

Hi there,
ithink IPL (intense pulsed light) and photofacial are the same..maybe two different companies names for it. anyway, it works and evens out your skin tone immensley.
caroline

Closed Thread