It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 04:01 PM   #1
Inactive

byrdleg HB User
Question SEVERE Lip WRINKLES............What works??

Hi All,
I am so frusterated!!!!!!! I have terrible lines around my lips. I am not a smoker but I do clench my teeth and I think it is due to my anxiety issues........ ANYWAY............has anyone had anything done that actually works? I also have deep smile lines from my nose to my chin as well...........I am 37 and this is way to young to have this much wrinkling ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In MY opinion!

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!
BYRDLEG

Old 10-10-2004, 11:21 PM   #2
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Re: SEVERE Lip WRINKLES............What works??

There are a few things. You could try a peel, needling (which I do not know much about), or laser. I would try a peel first, but that too is expensive. YOu can start with an at home TCA peel. Then if you see any improvement consider a deeper peel at an office. Otherwise move on to the other options. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdleg
Hi All,
I am so frusterated!!!!!!! I have terrible lines around my lips. I am not a smoker but I do clench my teeth and I think it is due to my anxiety issues........ ANYWAY............has anyone had anything done that actually works? I also have deep smile lines from my nose to my chin as well...........I am 37 and this is way to young to have this much wrinkling ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In MY opinion!

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!
BYRDLEG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2004, 06:04 PM   #3

inquiringmind2 HB User

byrdleg, I sympathize. I too am plagued by one vertical lip line. I put on adhesive tape when I sleep to hold the skin level. When I remove it in the moring I look smooth for a while. I have had needleing done by a cosmetic tatoo artist. I may have had some improvement after that, but would need more than one treatment. You have light scabbing for about five days then a hyperpigmentation that lasts for weeks. This can be covered with makeup. As far a peels, you can purchase the peeling acids on ebay but you really need to start with a low percentage and work up. Or, you can get a professional peel done for much more money. Thermage is supposed to be good for this type of problem, but I have no personal experience with it. I tried Cool Touch Laser and consider it an elaborate waste of money.

I recently went to a plastic surgeon regarding a possible facelift. In a book of before and after pictures, I saw two pictures of ladies with severe lip lines that were tremendously improved in the after shot. I failed to address the lip line question on that visit. I am going back next week for a follow up on skin care and I will ask what procedure was used to acheive this improvement. I will update after that meeting.

In the meantime, good luck and please share any info you learn.

Old 10-20-2004, 10:55 AM   #4

GeorgiaGirl1 HB User

I am also interested in any procedure that would substantially improve wrinkles above the lips. I was wondering if anyone has used mircrodermabrasion for this purpose. I would be interested to hear opinions on the effectiveness of microdermabrasion on fine wrinkles in general. My wrinkles are not too deep, but there nonetheless.

Old 10-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #5
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl1
I am also interested in any procedure that would substantially improve wrinkles above the lips. I was wondering if anyone has used mircrodermabrasion for this purpose. I would be interested to hear opinions on the effectiveness of microdermabrasion on fine wrinkles in general. My wrinkles are not too deep, but there nonetheless.
In my experience, microderm is almost useless. It can help make smoother skin, but it won't get rid of wrinkles really. Also I have heard that those home microderm kits are just as good as getting an office treatment.

I would try something more effective like peeling or needling. A deep peel can do a lot for wrinkles, especially fine ones like around the mouth. Needling sounds good, though I cannot speak from experience, since it creates new collagen under the skin.

Old 10-21-2004, 06:11 PM   #6

inquiringmind2 HB User

Hello, I went back to the plastic surgeons office today. I asked about the pictures I had seen previously that showed tremendous improvement in lip lines. They said these results were acheived with a phenol peel. I didn't get any additional info on that. I had one 15 years ago and I'm not going there again. Also you might be able to use a filler, like Restylane, but then you have the chance of migration and the results are only temporary--Usually 3-6 months. The price is about $600/cc.

Old 10-24-2004, 05:52 AM   #7
(female)

swf HB User

You might want to try collagen. It works wonders! I've had it for months and I love it.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo.

Old 10-30-2004, 05:11 AM   #8
Inactive

byrdleg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquiringmind2
byrdleg, I sympathize. I too am plagued by one vertical lip line. I put on adhesive tape when I sleep to hold the skin level. When I remove it in the moring I look smooth for a while. I have had needleing done by a cosmetic tatoo artist. I may have had some improvement after that, but would need more than one treatment. You have light scabbing for about five days then a hyperpigmentation that lasts for weeks. This can be covered with makeup. As far a peels, you can purchase the peeling acids on ebay but you really need to start with a low percentage and work up. Or, you can get a professional peel done for much more money. Thermage is supposed to be good for this type of problem, but I have no personal experience with it. I tried Cool Touch Laser and consider it an elaborate waste of money.

I recently went to a plastic surgeon regarding a possible facelift. In a book of before and after pictures, I saw two pictures of ladies with severe lip lines that were tremendously improved in the after shot. I failed to address the lip line question on that visit. I am going back next week for a follow up on skin care and I will ask what procedure was used to acheive this improvement. I will update after that meeting.

In the meantime, good luck and please share any info you learn.

Thanks so much for the informaiton. I am interested in your experince with the cool touch laser. I went to my dermatologist and he refered me to a PS that does cool touch. It is supposed to be the strongest for removing the wrinkles. He showed me photos of what you look like after YIKES! and then you have to do peroxide and vinegar baths on your face several times a day. Is this what you had done? It is 4900.00 for the entire face. He does not like to do just one area as you can get color differences in your pigment.
I appreciate any other information you can share.

THANKS!

Old 11-03-2004, 11:09 PM   #9
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdleg
Thanks so much for the informaiton. I am interested in your experince with the cool touch laser. I went to my dermatologist and he refered me to a PS that does cool touch. It is supposed to be the strongest for removing the wrinkles. He showed me photos of what you look like after YIKES! and then you have to do peroxide and vinegar baths on your face several times a day. Is this what you had done? It is 4900.00 for the entire face. He does not like to do just one area as you can get color differences in your pigment.
I appreciate any other information you can share.

THANKS!
Don't do it! I've heard horrible things. Better off with a peel,

Old 11-20-2004, 06:50 AM   #10

lifechange HB User

Artecoll! Please go to search engines and type in Artecoll...look at before and after pictures. It is a 10 year filler as opposed to Restalayne which will give you the same results, but only for approx 6-8 months. I have had it done, nasal/lip grooves in my face, upper lip lines filled and a few on the chin. It has made the world of difference and no more trying to fill it in with powder or foundation.

Old 12-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #11

inquiringmind2 HB User

The Cool Touch I had was a complete waste--time & money--I had no results and it was painful. The cost was much less, around $300 for a full face treatment and I had it done three times. I also know nothing about the peroxide and vinegar process. What you are referring to may a totally different treatement.

I am currently trying something called a Smoothbeam laser. It cost approx. $325 for a full face treatment and it is supposed to cause collagen stimulation. They say it takes at least three treatments spaced 3-4 weeks apart and sometimes as many as six treatments to get desired results. I am hoping to get new collagen under old acne scarring as well as the help with the lip line.

You need to get your anxiety level reduced. Look at the source of the anxiety--is it worth it? I wish you peace (and no lip lines)

Closed Thread