It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 09:07 AM   #1
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Questions about brow lift and mini face lift

I am seriously interested in both a brow lift and a mini face lift. I would like to hear from those of you who have either one. The process, the surgery, the recovery, and how you feel about it now. ( and the cost)
Also does a mini face lift rise the brow area. That seems to be my worse area- all those horizontal lines . I had botox and it looked great for about two months. But it is to costly and I want something that will last.
Also where did you notice the mini face lift the most.

Old 12-30-2004, 08:52 PM   #2
(female)

jansmokeyty HB User
Re: Questions about brow lift and mini face lift

WELL if you ever watch those operation shows then you will see that they lift the scalp up and poke around under your forehead. then they put staples at your hairline. if you like the idea of a stretched face then this is for you. afterwards you can expect to look like a puffy freak for a bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #3

tundra HB User
Talking Re: I'm about three months post...

Had a mini facelift, coronal brow lift, neck lift, blepharoplasty,V-Y lip augmentation, and perioral laser done, and I couldn't be more pleased! The facelift will only give you results in the lower half (ie: jowls, nasal folds) of your face, but if your problems are mainly in the brow area, then a browlift is the only real option. Botox for me lasts about three weeks, and the cost was ridiculous! Anyway, The frown line between the eyes is GONE, and since the muscles are cut at the time, won't be coming back any time soon, either. Yes, I had staples and a full coronbal incision, but they are only unconfortable for a few days, and they are removed painlessly. There is also an endoscopic browlift that is less invasive, but everyone I know who had one has had it revised to a coronal because they got no real result from the endo. I do not look pulled or freakish, thankyou! In fact, I told no one except my mom about the procedure, and everyone thinks I lost weight, look well rested, etc... No one thinks I had surgery, but my surgeon is an absolute genious, and knows his way around a scalpel in order to give a subtle transformation, not the "Joan Rivers" scary look! I couldn't be happier, and it was the best 12,000 bux I ever spent! Just shop around for a skilled surgeon--one that errs on the conservative side. My lift has taken quite a few years off my face--I'm 47 and I'm guessed at my mid to late thirties. I'm still healing and its still settling, but when the time comes for a tweak, I won't hesitate! Prices will be dependant mostly on your locale, but here in the midwest it averages around 2-3 thou per procedure. Good Luck with your decision, but with the right surgeon, you will not be sorry!

tundra

Old 01-06-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
(female)

binks HB User
Re: I'm about three months post...

TUNDRA. AND EVERYONE ELSE WITH INFO;

I would appreciate your commenting on the individual procedures, explaining what the surgery entails and your post-op experience. I need as much info as possible. Are the underlying muscles as well as the overlying skin attended to in a mini face lift? I was under the impression the muscles are not touched. Please explain. Thanks, binks

Old 01-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #5
(female)

racegirl HB User

Tundra-

Where do you live, you mentioned the midwest? Would you mind sharing your surgeons name?

Old 01-09-2005, 08:49 AM   #6

tundra HB User
Talking Re: Questions about brow lift and mini face lift

Sure!
He is Dr. Todd C Case, and I am located in
Tucson, AZ. He's done quite a few procedures on me at this point, and so far, I'm thrilled with his work!

tundra

Old 02-03-2005, 08:33 PM   #7
(female)

lharendza HB User

This question is for Tundra--

I just got a mini facelift and browlift 3 days ago and am at the very puffy stage, with teeny bruising on the neck. How many days/weeks did it take for you to be comfortable going out in public? And how many days/weeks did it take for you to be comfortable going on a date? (I have been corresponding online with a very nice gentleman for few weeks now who wants to take me out to dinner.) How much time should I give myself before booking my date? I want to wait until all the obvious telltale signs are gone. My doctor tells me just a few weeks as the heavy ear scarring is behind the ear. Your thoughts? Thanks for any info on the recovery period.

Lucy

Old 02-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #8

tundra HB User
Re: Hi Lucy! (brow lift and mini face lift)

Hey girl! The hard part is over, and for now, the best thing to do is not to stress over the timetables--it'll all happen, but it does take some time. Every one is different, and for me, I would have been able to go out after a couple of weeks (except i was really red from laser), but others will say they were too bruised even after a month. Your best bet is to go with your past history of healing--do you heal quickly or slowly? Does your bruising tend to hang on or do you recover easily. After about a week or so, I noticed more of the yellow bruising around my neck areas, and that lasted another couple of weeks or so. I think we are our own worst critics, so what may seem awful to you might not even be noticed by others. Mine was more evident (at least to me!) in the daylight, but at night in indoor lighting (unless its harsh flourescence) it probably won't be noticed with a dab or two of makeup. I felt like a Simpson for weeks two and three though because in the daylight there was a definite yellow cast, and since I'd had perioral laser, I had a Homerlike area around my mouth. As far as dating goes, I'm a happily married woman, so I can't say one way or the other, but like I said, you probably see it more than others will! You just need to go with your own comfort level. One thing to remember though--you have been through a lot of trauma, and you will tire easily, so don't over do. You also need to watch your salt intake-it'll make you swell more, and be more uncomfortable. Sip water with lemon throughout the day--it'll really help chase the toxins out of the system, and get some good vitamins. I use a product called Superoxide Dismutase, and a good B-50 complex. They are great antioxidents, and helped with the healing. Make sure you also supplement with a bit of extra copper, but this is only short term as too much copper long term can be toxic, but while healing, it will help a lot! You might also try Hyaluronic Acid, both a topical and a supplement. I find it really helped with the scars, A good topical is the Source Naturals Skin Eternal Serum. Smells really nice and worked wonders. Another product I found that really helps, especially with early scarring, is called 302 Protein Drops. You can't use them with Hyraluronic topicals or other retinoids, but in the few days I've been using them, I have had a lot of improvement on the sacrred areas (and the rest of my skin!!). I have only been using them a couple of days, but the scars and my skin are really responding to this product! I wish I had known about them when my scars were brand new--I really think I would have healed faster. Anyway, let me know how you do, and the best of luck with your new face, and your new man-friend!

tundra

Last edited by tundra; 02-06-2005 at 02:01 PM.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
(female)

Bleu_723 HB User

Tundra,

Hi - I am interested in a either a mini tuck or the (ectotopic) ?? lift - forgive the probable misspelling. I am reading the posts you and others have posted. I didn't hear about heavy ear scarring until reading here. I thought the scarring was very minimal with this type procedure. Is the scarring behind the ears? or in the front and why does heavy scarring occur?

Is this (these) procedure(s) expensive? (mini lift and brow lift)

I am 43 with a heavy crease between the eyes - had it for years and everyone misinterprets my facial expression as being "mad".....

Thanks!

Bleu

Old 03-11-2005, 07:14 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

That is a very reasonable price for all the work you had done. I will definitely check Dr. Case out when I go to get my work done. I won't have the money for a couple of years, but here in Houston, it costs around $12,000 for for the mid facelift alone. I wanted to get a brow lift and mid facelift. I also need to get an upper eyelid redo, because the first time the doc did it, he didn't do quite enough and the outer corners have some swelling. It can be corrected though.

I am still quite pleased with my blepharoplasty, however. It was a very subtle correction and no one hardly noticed, except for me. He completely got rid of my lower bags, but like I said, the upper eyelids need a touch-up.

It is important to get a good doctor though, and I think word of mouth is the best reference.

I definitely think it's well worth the money if it helps you feel more confident and better about yourself.

Old 03-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #11

tundra HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu_723
Tundra,

Hi - I am interested in a either a mini tuck or the (ectotopic) ?? lift - forgive the probable misspelling. I am reading the posts you and others have posted. I didn't hear about heavy ear scarring until reading here. I thought the scarring was very minimal with this type procedure. Is the scarring behind the ears? or in the front and why does heavy scarring occur?

Is this (these) procedure(s) expensive? (mini lift and brow lift)

I am 43 with a heavy crease between the eyes - had it for years and everyone misinterprets my facial expression as being "mad".....

Thanks!

Bleu

Hi!

Scarring is mostly dependant on your own history of scarring. Most people don't have any problerms at all, and the scars are just a thin hairline scar by the time its said and done. If you are prone to keloids or hypertrophic (thick heavy scarring) then its a possibility it will be heavierr, but most people don't have that problem. Do you have pierced ears? If they didn't scar then that is usually a good indicator of your scarring in the area. My corrugators (those muscles between the eyes) were cut during my coronal brow lift, and I can't frown if I try. Its great because Botox never worked for me, and a permanent fix is so much better. If you have a heavy crease, you may still have some remaining, but it will flatten out a lot once you stop frowning all the time, and as time goes by, it will minimise. Good luck!

tundra

Closed Thread