It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
How long does it take for Botx to work?

I am curious. How long after Botox injections on the forhead does it take to actually work? Also how long does it last? Someone told me three days, another said it is gradual over time, and another said within a day. What have been your experiences with this?
When done correctly does it erase lines on the forehead, between the brow and crow's feet , or just make them seem not so pronounced?

Old 04-07-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
(female)

Ailurophilia HB User
Re: How long does it take for Botx to work?

I've used Botox for several years, and generally, it takes about 2 days to notice some affect, and about 5-7 days to see the full affect. It takes longer for the wrinkles to relax, however - about a month or two, depending on the depth.

I've only had it done sparingly - between the eyebrows only, but I'm happy to report that ALL my forehead lines disappeared as a result. Not only the line between the brows, but two large horizontal lines accross my upper forehead. Even when the Botox wore off, and I neglected having it done for a couple years, the forehead lines NEVER came back. The crease between the eyes did, however, which has sent me recently back for booster shots.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Do you think it is possible for Botox not to work? I had some done last Friday and I see hardly any results yet. There is slight relaxing of lines on my forehead but they are still pretty visible. The crease between by eyes have not relaxed nor has had the crow feet area where injections were used. I am wondering if the Botox used was either of less then superior quality or watered down. Would you not think that after one week I would be seeing a difference?

Old 04-08-2005, 08:42 AM   #4
(female)

Ailurophilia HB User

If you are dealing with a reputable doctor, it is unlikely that your Botox was cut, but it can happen. Asking to see the needle filled from the vial before injection is one way to ensure you're getting the real thing.

If you still see some movement, usually it's because other muscles are compensating for the paralyzed one, and actively pushing up against it. Are your other facial muscles around the injection areas a little sore? This is side-effect of their being overworked and is evidence that your Botox is indeed working.

You have remember too, it took years to form those wrinkles, so they're not gonna go away in a week or two. It's gonna take a couple of months, sometimes more, depending on the depth of them. And if some of your really depper ones have been there for for over 20 or 30 years, they probably won't completely disappear, ever - but they should still improve drastically.

Hope I've been helpful.

Last edited by Ailurophilia; 04-08-2005 at 03:53 PM.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #5

JanetinHouston HB User

Armadillo,

It is possible for your botox to not work even if good product is injected. The surgeon that has done my breast implants (and I am extremely happy with the work he did) has done my last two injections of botox, and they didn't work.

It does depend on your injector's expertise as to the degree of effectiveness. The one thing I noticed between the injector that DID WORK and the one that DIDN'T WORK is that the one that did work with each injection I could hear/feel like a crunching noise because he was really getting into the muscle.

With the one that didn't work, he seemed to go much quicker and I didn't hear/feel the crunching sensation.

I've checked around on other boards and all agree that you should be experiencing the crunching I described.

Closed Thread