It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 05:56 AM   #1
(male)

thunder74 HB User
Experiences with Mark Constantian

I had a Rhinoplasty approximatley 4 years ago and I am very unhappy with the way my nose looks. After much research I really like what has been said about Mark Constantian and the procedures he advocates in his articles. I plan on contacting him shortly. Everything I have read about him has been extremely positive and was wondering if anyone had anything to add. Also, how long does it typically take to get an appointment with him for surgery? I read somewhaere that usually it is approximately 6 weeks after your consult. If this is the case I will wait since I will most likely schedule my surgery for sometime next year.

The Following User Says Thank You to thunder74 For This Useful Post:
printgirl (03-04-2011)
Old 05-25-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
(male)

thunder74 HB User
Re: Experiences with Mark Constantian

Has anyone had Dr. Constantian perform a procedure on them or knows someone who has? I would really appreciate the input. Is it safe to say he is one the best in the United States for revision rhinoplasty?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

lindseyp HB User

I am scheduled for my consultation with Dr. Constantian. I am now going in for my 4th rhino and am happy to see that others are investigating whom, will be performing their surgery.

I have had my operations performed by two different ENT's with experience and backing of the medical community for my previous surgeries. My outcome has been very very bad! I have displaced cartilage, bent septum, uneven nostrils and one closed airway due to bad surgery.

The other side of the story is now, I am married to a Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon, with extensive training in facial reconstruction of both hard and soft tissues. He is by no means performing rhinoplasties but does treat alot of trauma to the facial extremities, including the nose. In his experience and background, he has helped me to find the best! Dr. Constantian is very well known for these sort of procedures, such as secondary or difficult cases. My gut feeling is I am going to be in good hands, after reading about him, his philosophies, and of course my husbands colleagues all of whom are ENT's, Plastic Surgeons, and Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons. From my past, I have learned no matter what their basic training encompasses, they are probably good if they are board certified, and sticking to their area of expertise and training. Their are good and bad to every surgeon, but Dr. Constantian sticks to what he knows, so far as I can tell.

Any questions you have about the procedure, what to expect and such, or if you'd like to know about my consultation, I 'd be happy to talk with you. By the way, I am also getting a breast augmentation after 4 children, and am seeing a completely different guy for this procedure, someone who is highly experienced and performs BA's all day! Dr. Constantian is very good, that is my honest opinion.

Good Luck!

Lindsey Pollaccia

P.S. Their is another highly regarded reconstructive surgeon in Chicago, whom many plastics and ENT's train with. He is considered the top 3 along with Dr. Constantian.
Sorry I can't remember his name right now, but I can get it if you'd like it.
Smiles...

Old 06-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #4
(female)

HappyYellowRose HB User

Hi I would really love if you would tell me who you are considering for your breast augmentation. I want to get my BA this fall. I know I need A lift too after having three babies. Right now I am considering Dr. Brad Jacobs (NYC) and Dr. Corbin (bev. Hills). I would love to hear your opinion. I too had a bad nose job, and need that fixed too. I would like both surgeries done this fall if possible.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you,
Anne

Old 06-17-2005, 02:52 PM   #5
(male)

angela5503 HB User

Constantian is a proponent of closed rhinoplasty which many feel is not appropriate in a revision ,especially a difficult one that requires greater access.Some of the top doc's seem to feel the closed rhino in some instances is an outdated approach by closed minded P.S.'s
An open procedure allows for greater control over final result, that is what I've heard from a few doc's I have consulted with.
Just food for thought.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #6
(female)

HappyYellowRose HB User

Do you have any Revision Dr.s you'd recommend to me to consult with?

Old 07-19-2005, 02:15 PM   #7
(female)

lindseyp HB User

Hi,

I had my consult with Dr. Constantian, he is very good and very thorough. Open procedures I have come to understand, which I have had done for my past 3 rhino's, leave way for more swelling and overall trauma to the tissues, which can impair a surgeons ability to finish the job. I was very concerned about these two different types of surgery, but I would also be open to hearing more about the open approach point of view. If anyone has any information on the subject, I'd appreciate it.

My surgery is scheduled for August 5th. Since I posted,I have learned that I am a bleeder, so due to this, my BA is going to be postponed till further tests are completed, also may put back my nasal surgery till October. Dr. Constantian is very careful, and is making sure that I am ready for what we hope will be a final rhino!

As for BA doctors, Dr. Corbin is a good plastic, but I have heard he specializes in just facial. Coming from Southern California, you learn about who is good at what, Dr. Rey, is supposed to be one of the best BA doc's around the area. I really am not sure who is ranked at the top. There is a book called America's Top Doctors (I think this is the name). It is put out every year. Another top Surgeon is Brooke Burkes husband, his name is at the tip of my tongue. Look it up on the net. Its everywhere!!

I saw Dr. Davidson in Boston for my BA consult. He is very professional but a little dry, I was honestly a little uncomfortable with that. But, he comes in as a top contender here in New ENgland . Good luck , let me know anyone, what your opinion is about open or closed procedures, or what you might of heard!!!

Chat Soon,

Lindsey

Old 07-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #8
(female)

catinshoes HB User

Hi:

I am having surgery with Dr. Constantian for a revision. I had my consultation with him last month and have two more appointments before my surgery in about 6 weeks. I will be happy to share with you my experience.

So far, I can report that I am impressed with his reputation and professionalism, the staff is very easy to deal with and friendly as well as organized.

Dr. Constantian is a serious, soft-spoken man who explains things well and is quite specific about what he will do and how he will accomplish it. He offers suggestions and asks appropriate questions. He is neither arrogant or short with you as some can be. He does not rush you. Although not humorless, he is rather serious, but kind.

The reason he does closed rhinoplasty is because there is less swelling and an easier recovery. Also, he is a protege of Dr. Sheen, now retired, who was a pioneer in modern closed rhinoplasty.

I will be pleased to share with you images and further information as things progress.

Catinshoes

Old 07-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #9
(female)

Hm74 HB User

lindseyp, how do you know that you are a bleeder and what does that mean for your surgery? Where is Dr Constantian located and is his work natural? I am very concerned with getting a natural appearance because my first doctor told me that he does very natural work, which I later found out to be not the case. It is like you can't even take the doctor's word anymore.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:50 PM   #10
(female)

finallypretty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyp
Hi,

I had my consult with Dr. Constantian, he is very good and very thorough. Open procedures I have come to understand, which I have had done for my past 3 rhino's, leave way for more swelling and overall trauma to the tissues, which can impair a surgeons ability to finish the job. I was very concerned about these two different types of surgery, but I would also be open to hearing more about the open approach point of view. If anyone has any information on the subject, I'd appreciate it.

My surgery is scheduled for August 5th. Since I posted,I have learned that I am a bleeder, so due to this, my BA is going to be postponed till further tests are completed, also may put back my nasal surgery till October. Dr. Constantian is very careful, and is making sure that I am ready for what we hope will be a final rhino!

As for BA doctors, Dr. Corbin is a good plastic, but I have heard he specializes in just facial. Coming from Southern California, you learn about who is good at what, Dr. Rey, is supposed to be one of the best BA doc's around the area. I really am not sure who is ranked at the top. There is a book called America's Top Doctors (I think this is the name). It is put out every year. Another top Surgeon is Brooke Burkes husband, his name is at the tip of my tongue. Look it up on the net. Its everywhere!!

I saw Dr. Davidson in Boston for my BA consult. He is very professional but a little dry, I was honestly a little uncomfortable with that. But, he comes in as a top contender here in New ENgland . Good luck , let me know anyone, what your opinion is about open or closed procedures, or what you might of heard!!!

Chat Soon,

Lindsey
What's a BA doctor or what does the BA stand for?

Old 01-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #11
(male)

Imafool HB User

Lindsey...I am very curious just how things are ...if you had the surgery? I am so dissallusioned ...I dont trust anyone
I feel so violated for trusting and then comming out not "me". I dont want to be pretty I just want to be me. After an accident I was sent to hosp...surgeon removed tons of bone after being hit in the face...Just want my Nose back...I met with Sheen in Calif...didn't have the money..he said I was easy...met with Gunter in Tx..he was a nasty nasty man...I went to Sheens website to call them and ...he's retired...but he speaks very highly of Constantian so If you would please take the time to read this and let me know how things are today.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #12
(male)

Imafool HB User

Catinshoes...or anyone....I am very curious just how things are ...if you had the surgery? I am so dissallusioned ...I dont trust anyone
I feel so violated for trusting and then comming out not "me". I dont want to be pretty I just want to be me. After an accident I was sent to hosp...surgeon removed tons of bone after being hit in the face...Just want my Nose back...I met with Sheen in Calif...didn't have the money..he said I was easy...met with Gunter in Tx..he was a nasty nasty man...I went to Sheens website to call them and ...he's retired...but he speaks very highly of Constantian so If you would please take the time to read this and let me know how things are today.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:50 AM   #13
(female)

lindseyp HB User

Hi,

I am very sorry for not replying sooner. I did have my surgery on August 5th. Because my case is so complicated and in depth, I will be scheduling another to finish my tip work this spring. The surgery went very well, I do agree with the previous poster who spoke of Dr. Constantian's personality and professionalism. He is simply "great". He gets to the point and tells you exactly what he can and will accomplish. My nose looks a thousand times better. I had cartilidge removed from my ribs and it was painful but good drugs helped me through it. It did take about a week to recover completely. My nose is now very straight, with good projection and both nostrils are perfectly even. Following surgery, I did have to wear tubes in my nose, it isnt any big deal, and I have to say it probably saved my nostrils from shrinking and collapsing in "again"! I will now need to follow up with a 5th surgery to completely smooth out my tip from previous "bad work". He did his best to give me straightness and open airways. It looks terrific. He says he can improve my tip alot with this last surgery.

To a previous poster, BA is a shortened version of saying Breast Augmentation. Due to my issue with bleeding, I was given a mix of drugs through IV and orally, which Dr. Constantian said worked great! I am not elgible with any other surgeon to have a BA performed because I am considered a risk due to the bleeding, so I consulted with Dr. Constantian for a breast augmentation. I saw his work, he does a very good job, he pays close attention to detail and infection control, preventing issues after the surgery is performed. I will definitely be having a BA alongside my Rhino. I figure I might as well get it done now while I have the chance, he knows my situation and is very caring. FYI, Dr. Constantian was just voted top doc for rhinoplasty alongside Dr. Toriemi and another Doc in Texas, according to the New York Times Best list!! That is a prestigous title to hold...

I hope this helps. I apologize for the misspelling, 4 kids are running around, wreaking havoc!! I am glad I saw Dr. Constantian, my nervousness was definitely there till the minute I was wheeled into the operating room. I will never forget his professionalism, when I received my sleepy drugs and as I was going out, the room was spinning it was cold and very scary, the voice I heard was Dr. Constatian, telling me I was in good hands and that he would take good care of me, not to be scared! That made all the difference, and then to wake up to a very much improved appearance. Any questions feel free to ask!

Lindsey

Old 03-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #14
(female)

printgirl HB User

Am considering Dr. Constantian too. This will be my fourth revision. Please, if you would, contact me to let me know what you think. Any feedback about your experience, or with any other resources, greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyp
I am scheduled for my consultation with Dr. Constantian. I am now going in for my 4th rhino and am happy to see that others are investigating whom, will be performing their surgery.

I have had my operations performed by two different ENT's with experience and backing of the medical community for my previous surgeries. My outcome has been very very bad! I have displaced cartilage, bent septum, uneven nostrils and one closed airway due to bad surgery.

The other side of the story is now, I am married to a Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon, with extensive training in facial reconstruction of both hard and soft tissues. He is by no means performing rhinoplasties but does treat alot of trauma to the facial extremities, including the nose. In his experience and background, he has helped me to find the best! Dr. Constantian is very well known for these sort of procedures, such as secondary or difficult cases. My gut feeling is I am going to be in good hands, after reading about him, his philosophies, and of course my husbands colleagues all of whom are ENT's, Plastic Surgeons, and Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons. From my past, I have learned no matter what their basic training encompasses, they are probably good if they are board certified, and sticking to their area of expertise and training. Their are good and bad to every surgeon, but Dr. Constantian sticks to what he knows, so far as I can tell.

Any questions you have about the procedure, what to expect and such, or if you'd like to know about my consultation, I 'd be happy to talk with you. By the way, I am also getting a breast augmentation after 4 children, and am seeing a completely different guy for this procedure, someone who is highly experienced and performs BA's all day! Dr. Constantian is very good, that is my honest opinion.

Good Luck!

Lindsey Pollaccia

P.S. Their is another highly regarded reconstructive surgeon in Chicago, whom many plastics and ENT's train with. He is considered the top 3 along with Dr. Constantian.
Sorry I can't remember his name right now, but I can get it if you'd like it.
Smiles...

Old 03-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #15
(female)

printgirl HB User

What did Constantian charge for the BA, and the revision? I heard Toriumi is @ 20K, and Nassif about $15K. Hard to believe for a revision, which 8 years ago, cost me $5K by Dr. Daniels (not a good outcome).

Many thanks,
printgirl

Closed Thread