It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2001, 05:19 PM   #1

Suzanne3 HB User
Question Submalar implants for facial plumpness??

Has anyone had or know anything about these implants? I would like something to put the fullness back in my face, like you had in your teens or your 20's. All these older celebrities appear to have something like this. Vanna White looks like she dropped 20 years off her age and that can't be just from a facelift!(I've already tried that too) From my research the submalar seem to be what they are getting. I have done fatgrafting twice ( it doesn't stay) and tried many other fillers (neither do they) so I want something permanent. Any suggestions anyone??? Suzanne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2001, 12:27 PM   #2
Inactive

joy HB User
Hi. I had asked my doctor about collagen and fat transfer to the face. He said neither lasts too long. the fat transfer lasts longer than the collagen. I have an appointment next week with a dermotologist who gives a free consultation on all this stuff and is quite well known for botox, collagen, etc. I'll see about Artecoll also. I had a facelift too which was really good, but i'd like plumpness around the 'marionette lines' [lines from the nose to the mouth]!
Joy
Joy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2001, 12:37 PM   #3
(female)

blondegal HB User
Fat injections seem like the biggest waste of time and money. So much of the fat is reabsorbed because it won't take. Some surgeons are using huge amounts and grossly overfilling the patient so that the patient looks deformed, bruised and makes for a very unhappy patient. Might as well throw money down a rat hole as I see it.

By the way, I'm interested in cheek implants, but what is the different between malar and submalar implants?

Old 01-28-2004, 04:29 PM   #4

fountainhead HB User
Re: Submalar implants for facial plumpness??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondegal
Fat injections seem like the biggest waste of time and money. So much of the fat is reabsorbed because it won't take. Some surgeons are using huge amounts and grossly overfilling the patient so that the patient looks deformed, bruised and makes for a very unhappy patient. Might as well throw money down a rat hole as I see it.

By the way, I'm interested in cheek implants, but what is the different between malar and submalar implants?
Hi,

Plumping out the skin can be quite expensive, or shall I say is extremely expensive. I have seen people that have used nothing but silicon, which if done right can look very natural and last without complications and if done wrong is a nightmare. I had some silicon done in my lips and a little in a deep dent or wrinkle between my eyebrows about 15 years ago and I have had no problems. I have been told that that older model with the grey hair had her whole face done with silicon years ago and she has been modeling for years and she looks very natural. I think I've seen her in Breck adds. On the other hand I'm sure you have seen people that became obsessed with silicon and had their face over done or people that had bad doctors or underground people do bad jobs of injecting or even used the wrong kind of silicon. Silicon gets its bad name basically for breast implants leaking and the wrong people injecting it. It requires a true artist that understands silicon in every way and understands what areas of the face needs to be plumped out to make it look younger, etc.

You need to be very careful of surgeons that have a few styles of cheekbone implants or a one sock fits all size. After you have the implants there is a chance you will feel that your cheeks are to big for the rest of your face. I have seen some good cheekbone jobs though, but the aged deflated, aged look can be in the jawline, around the mouth, eyes, nose, etc., so if you just have cheekbones and you are at an age where you don't have a log of fat in the rest of the face it can give a hard drastic look. I know we all want a soft youthful look to our face.

There are some new facial fillers that I am looking into, one being called Radiance. It lasts 2 to 3 years.

The other way that can help plump the skin out is to look into "cool touch" type of lasers which are the lasers that do not burn the outer skin and go beneath the skins surface to build new collagen. These are very promising in the future.

I had a laser done on my chest called the Photogenic V laser, six treatments 2 to 3 months apart and I was amazed at how much thicker the underlying tissue on my chest became. The skin on my chest before the laser when I pinched it was about 1/8 and inch thick and after all 6 treatments it's about 1/2 an inch thick. I didn't gain any weight either. It took about a year to see the thickness happen. Actually, this laser was to even out the skin color from sun damage and I noticed how thick it made the underlying skin.

I have also tried the Thermage and haven't noticed a difference yet. It has only been about 6 weeks since I had it. I was hoping to see a difference sooner but they say it happens in 3 to 6 months. I've heard of some people seeing a difference within a week, not sure. The doctor was at #14 and did two hits on the face. I've heard some doctors turn the Thermage up to #16. Not sure what the deal is on that.

I've heard that Europe is way ahead of the U.S. in these lasers.

Do you know who the actress Isabella Adjauni is? She is the youngest looking woman I have ever seen for the age of around 55. Her face looks like she's in her 20's, it's plump and youthful. I need to know her secret.

Good luck with anything you do!

Last edited by fountainhead; 01-28-2004 at 04:42 PM.

Old 04-13-2005, 06:20 AM   #5
(female)

curiouslittleme HB User
Re: Submalar implants for facial plumpness??

Have you looked into Sculptra or Bio-Alcamid?

Closed Thread