It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2002, 08:50 AM   #1

jhappy HB User
Post Photo Facial or Microdermabrasion?

Which is better?? Anyone had either procedure done before, please post!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2002, 01:27 PM   #2

KC Lee HB User
The FotoFacial and Microdermabrasion are 2 totally different things. The Fotofacial is good for people with Rosacea and sun damage. It uses a special type of light pulse (like a laser). Microdermabrasion is basically taking layers of dead skin off of the surface to make your skin look brighter and OVER TIME can help hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, acne scars, etc. There is also a huge difference in price. But, it really depends on what you are getting it done for and what type of results you want to get.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2002, 01:39 PM   #3

jhappy HB User
Thanks, I guess I am looking to even out the skin tone, large pores and light acne scaring and I have really light lines near my eyes, that you cant see are not noticeable to others, but they bother me..I guess it is up to a dermatologist to decide when I go in for a consultation..but I heard that w/ the microdermabrasion that it is hard on your skin b/c the underlying skin layers are having to work harder. Do you know about this?

Old 07-30-2002, 02:10 PM   #4

KC Lee HB User
No, I'm sorry. I have never heard that. It sounds to me like Microdermabrasion would be better for you because the FotoFacial is really not going to help the scarring or pores. Plus, it's a lot more expensive. You may want to consider the Obaji blue peel if you can take about a week off work.

[This message has been edited by KC Lee (edited 07-30-2002).]

Old 08-05-2002, 07:34 PM   #5
Inactive

rif HB User
Around how much does the Fotofacial cost?

Old 08-06-2002, 07:49 AM   #6

jhappy HB User
It all depends..I had a friend get it done for around $250-$300..I was quoted on the phone $400 by a dr.'s office..I think it varies.

Old 06-02-2004, 05:59 PM   #7

taylor2000 HB User
Re: Photo Facial or Microdermabrasion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rif
Around how much does the Fotofacial cost?
$600. but it takes 3-5 sessions: About $3000. I'm trying it next week and will let you know!

Old 07-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #8
Inactive

dudewithrosacea HB User

near where i live its 350 for 1 treatment and 1500 for a series of 5

Old 07-20-2004, 05:13 PM   #9

taylor2000 HB User

I had 2 photo rejuvenation treatments in the last month. They were $600 each. Surprisingly, it removed some tiny broken blood vessels deep within my skin and help to close many of my large pores! I am glad I got it done and if I can afford a third treatment, will do so in the future.

I've had about 8 power peels (dermabrasion using the tiny crystal blasts) and it gives great results, however, the photo rejuv helped to close large pores and zap deep acne scars and broken blood vessels. These 2 procedures address to different problems. The power peel takes care of the surface skin areas, the rejuvenation treatment gets deeper into skin that has been damaged from acne and sun. I hope this helps.

jojo

Old 03-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #10

focusin HB User
Photo facial accidentally removing eyebrow?

Has anyone gotten an IPL treatment for photorejuvenation and had any of their eyebrow hair accidentally removed?? The night after my first photofacial treatment, i noticed my eyebrows looked thinner, but my skin was sort of red and swollen. when my skin calmed down, I noticed the eyebrows seemed dramatically thinner...now one of them is nearly bald on one side.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know if the setting on the laser used for photorejuvenation is the same for hair removal?

Old 03-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User
Re: Photo facial accidentally removing eyebrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusin
Has anyone gotten an IPL treatment for photorejuvenation and had any of their eyebrow hair accidentally removed?? The night after my first photofacial treatment, i noticed my eyebrows looked thinner, but my skin was sort of red and swollen. when my skin calmed down, I noticed the eyebrows seemed dramatically thinner...now one of them is nearly bald on one side.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know if the setting on the laser used for photorejuvenation is the same for hair removal?
They got to close to the brow, probably a little sun damage they were going after. Unless it was Fotofacial RF, the hairs will grow back.
Also someone was saying microbrasion was for scars as opposed to Fotofacial. Fact is Fotofacial is good for light to moderate scaring too. I have Rosacea with some scarring from the accompanying acne the last 18 months. One fotofacial has made a remarkable difference. Just takes a little longer to see the results. You get a real collagene boost in the process though.

Last edited by evy38; 03-23-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Old 03-26-2005, 09:53 PM   #12
(female)

jemmi HB User

Is photo facial the same as laser- yag?
WHat are the top Drs that do it it in NYC?

Old 03-27-2005, 02:47 PM   #13

focusin HB User
Re: Photo facial accidentally removing eyebrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evy38
They got to close to the brow, probably a little sun damage they were going after. Unless it was Fotofacial RF, the hairs will grow back.
Also someone was saying microbrasion was for scars as opposed to Fotofacial. Fact is Fotofacial is good for light to moderate scaring too. I have Rosacea with some scarring from the accompanying acne the last 18 months. One fotofacial has made a remarkable difference. Just takes a little longer to see the results. You get a real collagene boost in the process though.
thanks evy38. when you say "fotofacial," are you referring to the Aurora Laser? The laser my doctor's been using is the Vasculight (just IPL, no radio frequencies). I'm thinking of switching to a doctor who uses the Aurora, because i hear it tackles wrinkles (as well as hyperpigmentation) better than just IPL alone. Any advice? thanks.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:13 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Fotofacial is just IPL, Fotofacial RF is IPL wth radio waves. Be careful and research before you do RF. There is the little problem of facial fat waste, they are all keeping quiet about. That is where the radio wave passes thru the skin, hits your bone and bounces back, thus frying all your lovely facial fat, you know the fat keeping you looking young? If this happens, within a few months, you could look a decade older then you are.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:36 PM   #15

focusin HB User

yikes! where can i find out more about that? I've done some ****** searches, and i can't seem to find anything but doctors' advertisements. Did your doctor use the Vasculight on you?

thanks!!

Closed Thread