It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2003, 02:17 PM   #1

Azurite HB User
Post Obagi Peel

Hi,
I got an Obagi Blue Peel on Monday. I just started flaking last night. I'm not shedding sheets, just flaking. I have very conditioned skin as I have had microdermabrasions for about 4-5 months, weekly that is, along with using the Obagi regimen. We used the 15% two layers and I am wondering if anyone has not peeled sheets off their skin and if perhaps we should go stronger or more layers, which one would work better, more layers, stronger solution? Or both? Any experience with this to share would be appreciated!! Thanks so much!!
Is this the wrong area for this message? If so where is the appropo area for peels and skincare? TIA!!
Az

[This message has been edited by Azurite (edited 08-01-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Azurite (edited 08-01-2003).]

Old 08-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #2

Kaci HB User
Hi
I had a blue peel 2 years ago. My skin was also in quite good condition and im quite young (30) so it seemed to take me a lot longer to peel than an older or damaged skin. The doc told me I would only need 1 week until I looked 'normal' but on the 3rd and 4th days after the peel my skin tightened, (looked like I had cling film over my face), It started peeling after about 5-7 days but not that bad, although i looked very odd. I would say it took about 2 weeks until all the peel had gone. But It wasnt bad peeling at all the skin just looked broken and hard. I think my doctor could have gone deeper as I still have a few scars left but you dont get a tru result until a few months later, but my skin does look great now.
hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2003, 02:48 PM   #3

Azurite HB User
Cool

Hi Kaci,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I went to see my skin techinician and she is going to re-do it with a stronger degree and maybe deeper. I don't see real results with this so I am hoping the next will bring some better results. We are going to do the next in about 4 weeks.
My daughter is 22 and has trouble with blackheads, otherwise her skin is gorgeous and so she has been using Obagi with great results but still having the blackhead issue so she is thinking about getting the peel to see if that will help, she could also try getting them extracted, which she has done but it is rather temporary and so she is hoping this will bring longer better results. So this was nice to hear that someone younger has done this procedure, glad you shared. I am 43 and in desperate need of it! Ha!
Thanks again.

Closed Thread