It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 03:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

wmkcolors HB Userwmkcolors HB User
What's botox "feel" like? Any sensation?

What does botox "feel" like, in that, is it just sort of like a numbness? When you touch your forehead, do you have any sensation? Did it make your forehead droop too much? How long has it lasted?

Old 08-06-2005, 05:53 AM   #2
(female)

nilla HB User
Re: What's botox "feel" like? Any sensation?

I get regular botox in forehead and between brow. It's not numb at all. There is no sensation. You can still feel your forehead if you touch it. The only way I can explain it is when you lift your forehead (expression) there is not much movement. The forehead is nice and tight.

If you decide to get botox, don't expect results immediately. It usually takes two to three days for it to take full effect.

I just received my (refresher) on Wednesday and today my forehead is tight.

The only thing I can say is be careful with these $8 a unit specials. These are usually watered down and it doesn't last long at all. I first tried botox with my ps and it lasted around four to five months. I decided to check out some cheaper places and did that three times until I learned my lesson. It only lasted maybe a month and a half and I was already loose. Had to spend the money anyway. Do your research and get a reputable dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 11:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wmkcolors HB Userwmkcolors HB User
Re: What's botox "feel" like? Any sensation?

I just had my first experience with botox injections, in my forehead, 5 days ago and I'm freaking out a bit. I'm not sure I like this super "tight feeling." How long before it AT LEAST gradually starts to wear off and I get some sensation back? I've also felt lingering nausea and a bad headache. Did you feel any of this? Did it go away? A reputable dermatologist did it and I'm sure it's not a watered down version.... Of course, my forehead is now smooth as glass....but unaturally so.... I think it must look best when you get some sensation back....

Closed Thread