It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #1

froggy123 HB User
sores on scars???

Hi, I'm an 18 year old female. I had a breast reduction in May 2002. For the past couple months, I've been getting sores on a certain part of one of my scars...it looks very similiar to what bed sores look like. I know that all of my underwire bras go over the scar at this problem area, so maybe that's what's causing it? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to help these sores heal? Could there be any complications from having recurrent sores in the same place over a surgical scar? I'm really not willing to switch to a bra that isn't underwire as they don't offer me as much support. Any advice/input would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Re: sores on scars???

Sounds like the area is getting irritated maybe from the bra you are wearing. I had a breast lift in 05 and that surgery is very similar to a reduction. My scars are horrible and they itch. I cannot wear an underwire bra..........which is the only bra's i wear! I bought some tank type bra's and they are very very comfortable.............far from being sexy..........but until my scars fade and arent red anymore, then this is what i will wear. I ended up going to a dermatologist and i have a steroid cream that i sue for the itching.............it really is helping. It can take a year for scars to fully heal. I bet your bra is irritating the scars. Also if you have the scarring in the crease of the breast.............that area carries alot of moisture.........if you use lotions.........sweat etc. This too can irritate scars. If you dont want to wear a tank bra then they have some great bra's now without the underwire. VS has IPEX bra's that are very very comfortable and they have them without underwire now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #3

froggy123 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I guess what I don't understand is that I know it can take a year for a scar to fully heal, but it's been almost 4 years and I've never had a problem with sores until recently. I'm sure after 4 years they've healed well...actually, they've faded so well that you can barely see them!!! I don't have any itching or any of that, I actually never did have a problem with that. I also don't understand why these sores have showed up within the past couple months, when I've had all of my bras for like 6-7 months and I didn't have a problem with them before. My bras haven't broken down or anything because I hand wash them and hang them to dry. So I don't wear and tear of my bras would be much of a factor. I'm just confused!

So do you think that I should put something on the sores? Neosporin or something like that? Or maybe try to contact my surgeon and see what he thinks, even though I haven't seen him for a couple years?

Thanks again for your response!!!

Old 04-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH................4 years ago! I misread that. I thought you had this done recently. Guess i was just so excited to respond to someone who has had a similar procedure. Hmmmm, 4 years im not sure, but yes i would contact the plastic surgeon if it is painful and bothering you. Neosporin may help...........maybe you can call and ask that.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #5
(female)

jjwdean HB User

I wouldn't use Neosporin. This stuff blocks off air circulation and can hinder the healing process. I would contact your surgeon or a doctor and see what to do. You may need to go on antibiotics.

Closed Thread