It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
(female)

Skoobi HB User
Question Replace Breast Implants?

Has anyone had to have their breast augmentation re-done after so many years? Are you supposed to?

I had mine done 15 years ago. I read on another board that you should have them replaced every 10 years.

I will say that I wish I hadn't gone with the tear drop shape, silicone with a texture on the outside. They do look natural, ( my husband was shocked when I told him...hehe) but if I have to have them replaced, I think I'll get a little more fullness upper chest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2006, 03:47 AM   #2
(female)

donnapc2 HB User
Re: Replace Breast Implants?

I've had mine about 15 years too. Right now I see no need to replace mine, do you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2006, 12:34 AM   #3
(female)

silvertulie HB User

"they" say implants are to last 10 yrs...but i think many last much much longer. i think that is sort of a disclaimer...they have to give you worst case scenario. supposedly after 10 yrs they can start breaking down, but a friend of mine has had her silicone's for over 25+ years and has no problems.

if it ain't broke....

Old 12-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #4
(female)

kj_johnson HB User

I'm glad this came up because I was wondering what I would do if something happened, leaking, etc. I had mine in 1978!!!! And can you believe it was a whole $900.00? I'm still very happy with the way they look and they hang just enough to really look real. I don't have that unatural look at the top of my breasts. I don't think I have any problems, but I need to have a mammagram within a month or so. I assume you would have some symptoms if they were leaking.

kj

Old 12-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

Had mine 18 years w/no problems BUT last night on tv a cosmetic surgeon said, "ALL implants leak at 20 years" and I remember the agony after the surgery and am so bugged out thinking of getting them replaced. Some women actually have them removed and just let the skin hang so they'll never again have to think about removal. I just don't know what to do; I guess I was told they lasted forever. Intact. I think it's Much more expensive to replace them than to just get your first set, too. Now I'm old and so embarrassed. DON'T LOOK* OLD, THOUGH!!! LOL !

Old 01-31-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

cindy4hope HB User

I got my silicone implants in 1990, I would really like to have them replaced, I've read and talked to different people who say after 10-15 years they should be replaced. and I'm so afraid of getting a mammogram, I have always gotten mine in the past, but not anymore this is the first year that I didn't go out of fear that they could rupture. I wonder what it cost now to get them replaced???

cindy4hope

Old 01-31-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cindy4hope HB User

I had silcone breast implants 20 years ago, I would like to have them replaced. anyone know what the cost is these days??

cindy4hope

Old 02-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

I wish I could help you 'cause I have the exact same problem. I THINK, but I'm not sure, that they charge a LOT MORE to replace than to do the first placement. Maybe that's one reason no one says to replace them "unless they're giving you problems." What problems besides leakage? So they say, "no reason to replace them Mrs Doe, but if you insist you'll have to take out a second mortgage."

Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #9
(female)

grace28 HB User

I've had my implants for 26 years (saline) and just had a mammo that shows a rupture on my left side. I'm upset. My gyno says to call Plastic Surgeon and have an MRI. Then what? Explants? Replacement? I don't know what to do . I'm jumping the gun and getting all nervous here.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

grace, I agree w/the other poster who said that saline ruptures result in an immediate (or close) deflation of the implant. That you'd go flat right away, so to speak. You have surgery coming up soon, I'd suspect. Good luck.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #11
(female)

janet23 HB User

I had my silicone implants 20+ years before I had them replaced almost 4 years ago. Doctor said they were not ruptured but looked like they might not last much longer. I was so glad I could get silicone again because I really didn't want saline. To me, the second surgery was not as bad as the first. I think the cost was something like $5000and worth every cent. They're very natural looking--not the cantaloupe effect.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

cindy4hope HB User

Where did you have your surgery Janet? I live in Tennessee, I haven't checked on the cost of replacing the implants yet. Hoping that it will be no more then $5,000. I think I payed 2,500 twenty years ago. take care ladies

Cindy4hope

Old 02-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #13
(female)

janet23 HB User

I'm in south Alabama.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #14
(female)

FeelinPuney HB User

I had mine removed and my skin does not hang and I did not get a lift and 43 years old.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

sharon7270 HB User

My friend's mom has had her implants 29 years and they look beautiful...so???

Closed Thread