It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

KarmaJade HB User
Would you trust these doctors?

Ok..I need the opinions of people more experienced with plastic surgery to give me their input.

I have a scheduled consultation for this coming Thursday. The consultation (with 2 doctors) costs $150 (which is taken off the price of the surgery if you choose to let them perform it within the next 6 months).

1st - does that sound right?

The procedures that I am having done include: Breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and chin surgery.

2nd - when I have looked the two doctors up on various other websites I notice photos that one doctor claims as his own on the main website, claimed by the other doctor on various other sites (not their main one) so it makes me wonder - whose photos are really whose!?

Would you trust these doctors and/or pay $150 for a consultation? Am I allowed to post the website of these doctors? If not, I will let them remain anonymous. I just know that the first nose job is really your only chance at getting a good result....so I am so scared to mess up in picking the wrong doctor. Also, I live in a southern state so I don't know if there are any really well known surgeons in this area. I feel like I don't know how to find out where they are either : (

Can anyone offer some advice to me??

Last edited by KarmaJade; 11-13-2006 at 06:25 PM.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Re: Would you trust these doctors?

The $150 consultation sounds right to me. Some plastic surgeons charge a fee for the consultation..............then IF you choose them, they take that charge off the full price of surgery. I dont really understand what you mean about their pics on their website??? You cant post website's here..........but i believe you can post a name. The scariest part considering plastic surgery is choosing a plastic surgeon and the RIGHT one!!!! I learned the hard way! This is what i suggest................go to several consulatations (even if they cost money) you will find one you feel most comfortable with (its a feeling you will have) do background checks.............ask to see the work they have done even pics. Also do alot of research on the procedures you want done........risks, complications, healing etc! This may cost a bit of money..........but well worth it!!! Make sure they are Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
(female)

becreativve HB User
Re: Would you trust these doctors?

I would not let those doctor's near me with a feather let alone a scapel! The consultation fee is not an issue and neither is cheap prices however, the six month pressure is suspect to me. Please go for other consultations and if you have to pay a little more then so be it but at least you will be comfortable with your choice. I chose my doctor because he was good and he was the first consultation I went to. He stands behind his work and when I needed a minor revision he did it for no charge because his goal was to get the best result possible for the amount I paid. Just be careful and take your time choosing.

Closed Thread