It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
(female)

HeavenlyOne HB User
Just now having reaction to Botox 6 weeks after??

Had Botox injected 6 weeks ago in forehead and between eyebrows.
Few days later, had a little bit of puffiness in the eyelids but was very please with the results.

2 days ago, developed welt on left eyelid.
Next morning, eyes looked pretty normal but within about 4 hours, eyes started itching and when I got home, saw 2 little welts forming on left eyelid.

Later on, right eye started itching like I had allergy. Got up and saw that I had big welt under my right eye.

That night, welt developed in the same place under left eye.

Then this morning, after taking shower, bags under eyes were pretty bad but swelling on eyelid wasn't hat bad.

Went to eye dr. He said he didn't think it was the Botox since it had been 6 weeks, that it seems like I had some sort of allergy.

Thought I was going back to normal until I got up from a nap a while ago and both my eyes were developing welts again and became realy swollen.

I don't know what to do. I had to miss a day of work today because of it.

So I was wondering if I would of developed a reaction to Botox sooner??

Old 11-24-2006, 07:52 AM   #2
(female)

august95 HB User
Re: Just now having reaction to Botox 6 weeks after??

I have been getting Botox every 4 mos for the past year and have never experienced any type of swelling like you mentioned. I did however have the droopy or heavy eyelid that did subside after a month, but nothing every swelled up on me. Have you changed eyeshadows, mascara or eyeliner since you have had Botox? Certain types of eyeshadows, espec. eyeliner make my eyelids swell,burn and itch. I usually take Benadyrl for this and it goes down and I try to stay away from eyeliners. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread