It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

AliAyson HB User
Chin Implant -- Should I or shouldn't I?

I'm scheduled for a neck/jowl life next week and I had planned on getting a chin implant at the same time. However, after reading some of the posts on this site as well as other stories out on the Internet, I'm seriously reconsidering the chin implant. I have a mildly recessive chin, nothing major. This is something that, though minor, has bugged me since I was a teenager (I'm now 47). I guess I was naively thinking that a chin implant was no big deal, but I'm reading so many horror stories of allergies to silicon, nerve damage, unhappiness with the results (appearance-wise). I haven't read many good stories, mostly bad (but those who've had good results probably don't write about it).

So, of all those who have had chin implants..would you do it again? Were you happy or unhappy with your final look?

I need to make a decision by next week, so I'd appreciate any feedback at all...

BigAl

Old 12-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #2

pelachrum HB User
Re: Chin Implant -- Should I or shouldn't I?

I would also be very curious regarding this issue... anyone has anything to share?

by the way, where will you be performing your procedure AliAyson?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
(female)

AliAyson HB User

I'm getting my surgery done by Dr. Tim Marten in SF. Getting pretty scared right now...

Old 12-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
(female)

vuitton HB User

Ask to see some before and after photos from your PS. So you can get an idea, of what it will look like.
And tell your PS, your fears.
Good luck!

Old 01-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
(female)

AliAyson HB User

I never got a response to my posting but I wanted to give an update. I went ahead with the chin implant and I'm extremely pleased with the results. I'm so glad I went ahead with the procedure.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User

I am so glad you are pleased with the result. I had a friend who had it done, as a teenager. She looked wonderful.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cindy4hope HB User

I had my chin implant in 1990 and have been very please with no complications. I'm glad to hear you are happy with your results.

Cindy4hope

Old 02-03-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
(female)

ScrappyOH HB User

Hi BigAl,
Chin implants can greatly enhance your face and give it balance and harmony. Unfortunately, my PS did the complete opposite. I needed the implant but didn't realize that there was a possibility for it to droop, shift, and create the "lemon drop" effect. Mike Sullivan (Col., OH) did mine and i've been under psychological counseling ever since to cope with the results of the surgery. I shouldn't have ever had it done! I can only hope that your experience is much better than mine. Ask questions, review patients' warnings and recommendations on here about the bad doctors, and ask for several examples of the PS's actual work. Sullivan refused to show me examples of his work due to his patients' privacy, but now I know that's nothing but hogwash. He just didnt' have any good examples to show me!
Best of luck, Big Al!

Jo
Columbus OH

Closed Thread