It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

SummerV HB User
Smile My Labia Reduction Surgery! :)

I just looked in the mirror again and I am so happy! I had my labia reduction surgery yesterday after wanting it for about 6 years. My labia had been lopsided. My right side was almost perfect and my left side hung down well below my outer labia. I used to be too embarrassed to even go to a gynocologist because I didn't want them to see it and going in for a bikini wax was out of the question. And I could always feel it hanging out when I was wearing underwear or a swimsuit. This was a surgery that I did completely for myself. I've found that most guys like slightly longer labia so if yours are long but aren't uncomfortable in any way I would suggest not getting the surgery if you just think men don't like the aesthetics of it.

If you want to know details about how the surgery works...

I decided to go for local anesthetic instead of general so I was completely awake during the whole procedure. The doctor made sure that I didn't feel anything before he started. The only thing that hurt was putting the big needle in my butt. Then he folded my right side over to my left and traced where he would make the cut. I made him give me a hand mirror so I could make sure it was perfect! When he started the reduction I said "Ow!" not because it hurt but because it's a little surprising. You can feel the pressure but not actual pain. The whole thing took about 5 minutes and was very simple. He sewed me up with dissolvable thread. I have heard that with women who get the dissovable bandage it pinches the skin and is uncomfortable and itchy so I asked to be sewed up. No pain at all with that. I was expecting a lot of blood but there was hardly any. Then he applied pressure to the area for a while and gave me a big pad to wear in my underwear. About 10 minutes after the procedure the anesthesia was wearing off and I started to feel it stinging (pretty badly). When they were cleaning up I saw the piece that he cut off and fainted haha. They let me lay down and I was fine in a few minutes. The pain lasted for maybe 20 minutes and by the time I got home I could barely feel anything. It will bleed a little bit the first day but it's the second day for me and the swelling has already gone down a lot and no bleeding. I was very happy with my choice of a hospital and I loved the doctor. I went to a hospital in China but the doctors were mainly from the US and Australia. The surgery was VERY inexpensive. About the equivalent of $200 US dollars but the hospital was just as clean and professional as one that you would find in the states. It really surprises me that some doctors in the US are charging so much - sometimes up to $3000.
If you have that much money to spend I would say take a vacation to Beijing and have the surgery done for 1/10th the price. (I'm an American but over in Beijing for work). I don't want to post the hospital and doctor's name over here because I don't think that's allowed but I would be happy to reply to any emails. Just reply to my post with any questions you have. I am sooooooo happy I did it!!!!!!!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-16-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Re: My Labia Reduction Surgery! :)

WOW.........sounds like this was a way simple procedure. Im glad everything went so well. I am getting this done in spring. I've been waiting YEARS!!! One of my concerns is............im a smoker. I have heard mixed information on quitting before surgery or not??? I know it is always a good idea to quit! I quit when i had a breast lift and it still took months to heal! I had a nightmare situation with that surgery. I have heard that smoking shouldnt interfere with this type of surgery due to the fact it is a pretty minor surgery. I started back smoking.............quitting was one of the worst habit to quit!!! I fear having to go through that again. Anywayz, glad you are doing so well!

Closed Thread