It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
(female)

redblue47 HB User
bruising from cosmetic surgery

had a mini face lift and neck lift in sept and developed a severe bruse on left cheek, is still there somewhat after 4 mos, also had upper and lower eye lift and I am concered about the scar lines on the upper eyes. any help in these concerns or anyone else have these things happen to them. How to get rid of the bruise and the scar lines. also still a little swollen on the left side of neck and face. the right side is looking good, scared the left will never heal right!

Old 01-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
(female)

Mamasan2007 HB User
Re: brusing from cosmetic surgery

Well, I can address the scars on your eye lids, but not the face lift as I have never had one.

The scars on your eye lids will fade, and turn into a very fine white line that blend in with all the lines in your eyes. This can take a year or so-
Try to be patient.... I know its hard it will all but disappear!

I would go back to the doctor and ask why your face is still swollen, sometimes there are things they can do to help that along.
Such a lymphatic drainage, a type of massage.
Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

refsmom HB User
Unhappy Re: brusing from cosmetic surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblue47 View Post
had a mini face lift and neck lift in sept and developed a severe bruse on left cheek, is still there somewhat after 4 mos, also had upper and lower eye lift and I am concered about the scar lines on the upper eyes. any help in these concerns or anyone else have these things happen to them. How to get rid of the bruise and the scar lines. also still a little swollen on the left side of neck and face. the right side is looking good, scared the left will never heal right!
please anyone out there with long term bruising, if so what did u do for it! Have tried everything, arnica gel, pills now on a $140 tube of Triluma to bleach the color from it, not working though. So worried about, going on 4 months now.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

refsmon, I am going through the same thing as you right now. The only difference is my surgery was 1 month ago. I had lipo and a mini face lift, (jawline and neck area) and I still have horrible bruising. Are you fairskinned like me? I was thinking that could be the reason. But I am also still swollen and sometimes sore. My son is getting married in 6 months and all I can think about is this bruising will still be here. Believe me I will flip out. I have been back to work and only work with a few people and the others didn't notice it or if they did they didn't say anything. I also have short hair so I cannot cover it up with any hair. I will certainly keep you informed and if you happen to come across something, please let me know.
Good luck to us.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
(female)

refsmom HB User
Unhappy Re: brusing from cosmetic surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_in_NJ View Post
refsmon, I am going through the same thing as you right now. The only difference is my surgery was 1 month ago. I had lipo and a mini face lift, (jawline and neck area) and I still have horrible bruising. Are you fairskinned like me? I was thinking that could be the reason. But I am also still swollen and sometimes sore. My son is getting married in 6 months and all I can think about is this bruising will still be here. Believe me I will flip out. I have been back to work and only work with a few people and the others didn't notice it or if they did they didn't say anything. I also have short hair so I cannot cover it up with any hair. I will certainly keep you informed and if you happen to come across something, please let me know.
Good luck to us.
Linda in NJ, thank u for posting it makes me feel a little bit better, but I am now into the 4th month of healing. The bruise is now my biggest concern. I am also very tight feeling still and have numbness in cheeks and neck, still have trouble turning head all the way side to side. The doc says this is normal and will get better, I watch to much tv (Dr. 90210, extreme makeover) and they seem to get better much faster. Did u wear or are u wearing a support garment on the face neck area, like a band, I did but not until 2 mos into healing, because the doc thought it would help with the swelling, I have stopped wearing it because at this point I don't think it's doing anything but causing me to sleep bad. anyway see doc in 3 weeks for post app I think he's concerned about the bruise but won't say anything, he doesn't know why its still there. I can't stand it!

Old 01-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
(female)

Mamasan2007 HB User

There is post operative care, as I mentioned in my previous post.
Such as massage with lymphatic drainage, and ultrasound to move along stubborn healing.
Check into it!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Yes ******* is right. I have an appointment with the doctor next week.
I know you can get shots for the hard lumps to dissolve them and I have been taking long hot shoewrs and applying hot compresses to the swollen parts. I have noticed that within 2 days one lump in particular had gone down considerably. I slept with the band for about 2 weeks but it made me feel like I was sleeping with earmuffs on. So I stopped. This is taking quite longer than I expected, but don't forget that everyone heals differently.
If I were you, I would see my doctor again. Are you by any chance a smoker? That hinders the healing. Good luck

Old 01-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
(female)

refsmom HB User
Re: bruising from cosmetic surgery

Linda in NJ, I was a smoker, but stopped prior to surgery and have not smoked until at least 3 mos after surgery, and then only occasionally on weekends with a little beer. I can't say I'm a hard core smoker. I knew from reading the material on the surgery not to smoke I didn't want to undo all that he did. I don't think at this point I haven't seen any difference the times when I have smoked or not. I think it is just taking me for some reason longer to heal than most, I think. I have done the massage drainage and it worked a little when I was there, but the next day it was back to the same results as before I went. I see doc in 3 weeks hopefully he'll have something good to report to me.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
(female)

Mamasan2007 HB User

Ya know for really-really stubborn healing they use Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers.
They bring the oxygen levels in your body up to a really high level, that speeds healing. Wound care centers usually have them.
Good luck

Last edited by Mamasan2007; 01-08-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Refsmon, I have been following the doctor's advise and at night while in the shower, I stand under very hot water and apply a hot washcloth to my neck and gently massage the area. I do notice a difference this morning and even my husband asked if I had was wearing different makeup to cover the bruising up. So I think it is working for me. By the way I am a smoker and I tried to quit before surgery and after but I failed to do so. I know that does slow the healing process. Let me know how you're doing. How big is your area of bruising and can you cover it? Mine is mostly by my jaw area. The cheek area looks fine. Best wishes, Linda

Old 01-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #11
(female)

refsmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_in_NJ View Post
Refsmon, I have been following the doctor's advise and at night while in the shower, I stand under very hot water and apply a hot washcloth to my neck and gently massage the area. I do notice a difference this morning and even my husband asked if I had was wearing different makeup to cover the bruising up. So I think it is working for me. By the way I am a smoker and I tried to quit before surgery and after but I failed to do so. I know that does slow the healing process. Let me know how you're doing. How big is your area of bruising and can you cover it? Mine is mostly by my jaw area. The cheek area looks fine. Best wishes, Linda
Linda, are u using the hot water for the swelling or bruising. I am going to try this tonight with hot water for my neck and bruise on cheek. I don't think an occasional cigarette would hinder the healing, I had tt and lipo, breast aug 2 years ago this jan 08 and I smoked way sooner than I should have (six weeks after) and that didn't hinder any results, I think your face is harder to deal with because u look at it constantly, but I did purchase a new cream off internet called Athena 7 minute lift, and used it for the first time last nite and this morning, after watching the dvd it came with, and absolutely love it. It really works, its covers your crow feet lines and my scars from having my eyes done. I also have a hard time covering the bruise on my cheek, nothing seems to work, I still see it through my makeup thanks for responding

Last edited by refsmom; 01-09-2008 at 09:31 AM.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Hi refsmom, I am using the hot water shower thing for whatever it will help with. It is helping...not drastically like we would like it to..but everyday my husband tells me its looking better. I hope it starts to help you too. I have a follow-up appt. on Wed. and I will ask him what an be done about the bruising. Keep on trying. Linda

Old 01-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #13
(female)

refsmom HB User

Linda, thanks for the advice, I'm trying this and it seems to be working with the swelling on the left side, but not the bruise. I can notice the neck has gone down some. I see the doc the 22 of Jan, am thinking about botox for the crow feet lines and maybe it would help the scar lines on my eyes. I'm not sure if it's too soon after surgery for this. Anyone you know have this problem.

Closed Thread