It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
(female)

Sara5678 HB User
Question Numbness after face lift - ughh......

I am 3 weeks post-op from a face lift and my cheeks, in front of my ears, and the lower part of my temples are still pretty numb. Can anyone share with me how long it takes before this numbness goes away?

I am, also, still somewhat swollen on one side of my face. Can anyone share with me how long it takes for the swelling to go away?

There is also a lot of tingling I am feeling in these areas. What do you think causes that?

This Board is great and thanks for any replies to my questions.

The following user gives a hug of support to Sara5678:
Eviefree (05-12-2011)
Old 02-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #2
(female)

Pat007 HB User
Re: Numbness after face lift - ughh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara5678 View Post
I am 3 weeks post-op from a face lift and my cheeks, in front of my ears, and the lower part of my temples are still pretty numb. Can anyone share with me how long it takes before this numbness goes away?

I am, also, still somewhat swollen on one side of my face. Can anyone share with me how long it takes for the swelling to go away?

There is also a lot of tingling I am feeling in these areas. What do you think causes that?

Hang in there Sara.

What you are experiencing is completely normal. The swelling can be several months or more, but right now it at the highest.
It should start to dissapate in the next few weeks. The numbness will be somewhat longer.

Understand........Your skin was loosened and lifted up, to be put back in a different place. The nerves will need to to reconnect and this takes time.

The swelling is the natural process that indicates the body is doing it's job and sending the NEEDED fluids along with nutrients, to the affected area, in order for it to heal.

As far as your body goes it has a brand new wound to take care of..it doesn't care or know how it got there.
(If one hurts a knee, or gets a cut, the body does the same thing)

You will be OK and soooo pretty!

I've had 2 face lifts, upper eye/lower eye, & tummy tuck.

Last edited by Pat007; 02-19-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
(female)

Camryn HB User

Also, be aware that you may never get complete feeling in those areas. I'm sure your Surgeon informed you of that ahead of time. My first lift was 20 years ago, and I still had some numbness before my 2nd lift. I doesn't seem any worse now, though, thank goodness.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
(female)

refsmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara5678 View Post

I had face lift in Sept 07 and I am still swollen on one side of face, it is not noticeable to anyone unless I point it out but I notice it alot, also had to have a scar revision in my eyes because they developed small white bumps that the ps had to remove and re-stitch my eyes. Also bled pretty bad in my left cheek and it's still there some what!

Old 03-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
(female)

Sara5678 HB User
Question Re: Numbness after face lift - ughh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by refsmom View Post
I had face lift in Sept 07 and I am still swollen on one side of face, it is not noticeable to anyone unless I point it out but I notice it alot, also had to have a scar revision in my eyes because they developed small white bumps that the ps had to remove and re-stitch my eyes. Also bled pretty bad in my left cheek and it's still there some what!
Hi Refsmom,
Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I am now almost 6 weeks post op from the MACS facelift and chin augmentation and have noticed that the swelling is just a little better every day. It is still there, but most people do not notice it, just me. As far as the tingling, it is still there, but a little less noticable every day.

I am sorry to hear about the small white bumps. Are they gone now? Did the revision work well? What kind of face lift did you have?
Sara

Old 03-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
(female)

refsmom HB User

Yes the white bumps are gone after having the scar revision, I love my eyes now but still coping with the healing of the scar lines on the outside of my eye lids, getting better every week. I love my face and neck lift now, but it took this long (had it in Sept 07) to really feel like myself and look normal. My neck was developing hardenin and had to massage it and now it is soft and I look way better. I notice how much younger I look than my two good friends. I started using the ps office's skin care about a year ago and I can't believe how much better my skin looks compared to others. I love the tightness in my lower face and neck. good luck

Old 04-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
(female)

athena1st HB User

Ok in response to this numbness how about still being swollen after almost a year?!
I asked my surgeon about this and he just tells me to come back in a couple of months! I have lumps under my skin!!
Please note that after my surgery I have been to see my doctor only 3X he always tells me "that's normal"...
I guess I am not important to him
It does not change the fact that my face is round like a ball!
I feel so sad.
What can I do?

Closed Thread