It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
(female)

DawnCt HB User
Face Lift, eyes and Brow Lift in One Month.

I have my surgery scheduled in just about a month from now. I am having my face, brow and eyes done. I have been exercising, and losing weight so I can be at least close to my ideal weight when I go in. Can you tell me what to really expect post op. Any suggestions for healing, etc will be most appreciated.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:59 AM   #2
(female)

refsmom HB User
Thumbs up Re: Face Lift, eyes and Brow Lift in One Month.

Hi Dawn, I had upper and lower eyes done, neck lift and mini face lift in Sept 07. I wasn't expecting how tight I would feel in the neck area. I am still slightly tight feeling but I am used to it by now. As for the eyes, they healed quickly, but still have a scar on upper lids, that I notice alot, but other people don't notice unless I point it out. The bottom healed into my lower lash line and it looks like I had tatooed a permanent liner. I even had someone ask me if I had this done. Just remember do what they say and the hardest part was sleeping practically sitting up. I really didn't have any pain, just annoying with the wrap bandages they send u home with but they came off on the third day. I would have it done in a heart beat again, it was worth it, I love my neck and eyes. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
(female)

DawnCt HB User
Re: Face Lift, eyes and Brow Lift in One Month.

Thank you. I learned to sleep sitting up when I had my rotator cuff repaired. Anything else will be a piece of cake!

Old 05-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
(female)

refsmom HB User

U got it licked then! If they offer vitamins before, take them they help with the healing, and after take arnica pills and if u having any brusing get arnica gel, apply it right away to the bruises, it helps alot. When u come home, try to drink alot of water, they told me to do this and it helps drain your swelling faster. Good luck

Old 05-07-2008, 05:10 AM   #5
(female)

DawnCt HB User

How long can I expect to be swollen or bruised? When can I go out in public so it isn't that noticable? How long will I have to completely avoid the sun? We have a pool. Will sunscreen, dark glasses and a floppy hat be enough to allow me to sit outside? I have psoriasis on my feet, I like mowing the lawn, which I understand I can't do for a while, etc. Also, when I can I go back to gym?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
(female)

refsmom HB User

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I wouldn't go in the sun, yes wear a hat and glasses. As for cutting the lawn, I would wait enough time so that your body heals and it will tell you what u can do and not to do. I felt more myself in about 2 weeks, I went to a NFL football game with friends about 3 weeks after the surgery. I wore sunglasses, due to the scars on my eyes and my face was still swollen but no one said anything, if they thought I looked weird. My friends already knew and thought I looked fine. Also I wore a visor and didn't sit or stand at all in the sun. That will do more damage to the skin on your face than anything. You will be surprised how tender the skin feels, because it is pulled tight and upward, I'm still a little numb around my ears. anyway you will know when u can start doing things, don't be a hero, your only hurting yourself! good luck

Old 05-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
(female)

DawnCt HB User

Thanks so much. That was very helpful. I have read that alcohol is off limits for a few months after surgery, although I haven't had a chance to ask my surgeon. I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner a couple of times a week which is why I am asking. Were you advised of this and do you know why? thanks again.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
(female)

refsmom HB User

I was advised not to drink alcohol or eat anything with a lot of sodium in it. This will make you more swollen. I didn't drink alcohol for about 3 weeks, I noticed it the next morning, I felt puffy. This will pass with time. Try to drink alot of water, if you feel like drinking some wine, I would. You will get a feel for the things that make you feel puffy or swollen. At first you'll not feel like really doing anything that your used too. Again this passes. You are going to want to be back to normal, so do what u want. I did, and it didn't affect anything long term. Still if I drink alot of beer or eat salty things, to this day, I wake up feeling puffy, but I think I did this before, just didn't notice it as much as before my surgery. Nothing is permanent. You will be fine, and love your results. Just take one day at a time.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:44 AM   #9
(female)

alywells46 HB User
Smile Re: Face Lift, eyes and Brow Lift in One Month.

I had a face and neck lift 4 weeks ago and although I am generally pleased with the result as it got rid of some very ugly nose to mouth lines and a saggy neck, my face and ears are still pretty numb and one side in particular is still quite swollen with one very baggy eye. It doesnt matter how much Preparation H (recommended by surgeon) I rub on it, it will not go away.

Also I have some strange lumpy bits at the bottom of one ear that don't appear to be going away although the surgeon did say they would disappear eventally and the scars at the side of my ears are very prominent. Does anyone else have a similar problem.

I have found it very helpful reading everyone elses comments especially the bit about water and alcohol!

I am definately pleased I had it done and perhaps I am looking for too much too soon. Any comments would be helpful

Old 06-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #10
(female)

DawnCt HB User

I had my surgery on Wednesday, and the biggest "problem" is blurred vision due to the blethoplasty. My eyes are swollen open and shut and I am using opthalmic ointment, all of this is temporary but limits clarity. I was prepared for more pain than I had. The worst feeling was claustrophobia from very limited sight the first two days and the head dressing. It was actually scary and I had to talk myself down. The worst day of swelling was the 3rd post op day at 2 pm. The edema around my eyes was so bad that water was leaking from "somewhere". Probably suture holes. Two house later, it began to resolve and that night my husband removed the second head dressing and I took a bath and began the process of getting the yuck out of my hair. It was the best bath of my life. I felt wonderful and by night time I was so excited I had trouble falling asleep. Every day had been better. If I didn't have the bacitracin oint. before bed last night, I could see more of what I am typing here. I have been sleeping sitting semi up, either in the recliner or on the couch with pillows. I was compulsive about icing. I feel I am going to be very happy with the results and this in only day 5. I see the PS tomoroow again.

Closed Thread