It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
(male)

JrSmith HB User
Dark Circles Under Eye.....Surgery?

Hey guys.

I have terrible Dark Circles Under my Eyes. I have tried everything to get rid of them. Creams, Allergy tablets, Nasal Sprays, Sudafed, Cucumber/Teabags under the eyes etc.

Nothing works! So I was wondering if there were any surgeries I could undergo to get rid of these Dark Circles? I live in Australia, and I assume most of you live in America so some of the surgeries may be different slightly. I would like to get a Laser Surgery done, I hear the laser surgery has the ability to kill the exposed veins under the skin and reduce the Dark Circles a lot. Or I am also considering Dermal Fillers, which can also resolve the problem I hear.

Has anybody got surgery for Dark Circles here before? Or does anybody know of the risks laser surgery and dermal fillers under the eyes can have? I am really looking forward to getting rid of these Dark Circles through surgery, but then again I really do not know much about what types of surgeries there are out there, but Laser sounds the best, safest and most effective.

I guess my one main question is, can Laser Surgery be used to get rid of Dark Circles Under the Eyes?

Old 07-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
(male)

JrSmith HB User
Re: Dark Circles Under Eye.....Surgery?

Can anybody please help me out here?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
(female)

fatcat121 HB User

I am no doctor but I don't think there is surgery for this. you might try a bleaching cream like Tri Luma or just use a good cover up like Dermablend cosmetics

Old 09-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
(female)

cristydb HB User

i have the same problem.. went to dermatologist... was told it i had thin skin and that was the blood vessels under the skin or my allergies could be the cause.. well.. i went to ear,nose, and throat doc to have allergies taken care of... after being diagnosed with overreactive airway disease and finally finding a med that works for me .... not to mention having a years worth of allergy shots......my allergies are finally manageable but.. yep you gussed it.. i still have dark circles under my eyes. I have learned to love them and accept them as being who i am. Now that I think about it, I was the only one who had a problem with them and probably the only one that noticed them. Maybe your circles aren't as bad as you think. Think hard before going thru anything as drastic and expensive as surgery.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

The dr suggested using a filler to get rid of my dark circles. The allergy spray didn't do it. I am using makeup to cover them. I use restylanne in my mouth lines and it hurts. I can't imagine having the shots near the eyes. I did have an upper eye lid lift though

Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
(female)

fatcat121 HB User

the problem with fillers is that you have to keep doing it over and over. I'd personally rather do the makeup. Dermablend works pretty well. Macy's sells it at the Chanel counter in some places. The sales people there don't seem to know enough about how to use it though and wind up trying to sell you Chanel at 2 to 3 times the cost.

Last edited by fatcat121; 09-05-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #7
(male)

davi_D HB User

I have the same problem. I figure they're genetic. Thanks again, Mom & Dad. However, I do think there is a laser surgery we could do it's like called "Laser Resurfacing". If it's no more than a couple thousand dollars I will do it. I am calling a clinic in San Francisco tomorrow about laser mole removal. I might as well ask if they can do this too. I am sick of looking undead. Add dark eye circles to millions of moles and moderate acne and a nasty scar an inch below my eye and you truly have a piece of Steven King's work.

Last edited by davi_D; 12-15-2008 at 09:47 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to davi_D For This Useful Post:
randomname1 (02-14-2012)
Closed Thread