It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

Carmen101950 HB User
Lifestyle lift-how long does it last

I'm thinking about having the Lifestyle Lift, but I would like to know how many years will it last before I spend the $5,000.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-11-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User
From what I've read I wouldn't do it

I have heard some nightmare stories on this lifestyle lift. You need to check the websites for the pros and cons. I've read numerous accounts of women having horrible scarring along the ears... the "lift" itself falling after only a couple months...and problems with ears being uneven, along with it being very painful. I think, like anything else, it depends on who is doing the surgery itself, however, it sounds like an assembly line mentality from what Ive read about the procedure from consult to finish.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Re: From what I've read I wouldn't do it

Daughter is a nurse. She said that the blue threads "can show" unless you have a lot of facial fat". As in, if you have no cheeks or thin skin you can see the threads! I've wondered how long the "thread" can last, too. With smiling and talking you'd think that the threads could stretch or even tear apart making your face droop again.
I think I'll pass.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Lifestyle lift-how long does it last

spend the 5 grand on a relaxing vacation instead!

The following user gives a hug of support to rosequartz:
Socalboyds (04-08-2011)
Old 08-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User

Susan.. are you talking about a thread life? Liftstyle lift makes actual cuts near the ear and trims away loose skin. No threads.... I have heard bad things about the thread lift too

Old 08-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

oh, I thought they were the same thing. ON an informercial they trick you by using
soft focus.
On the "before" shots of the woman they use a regular lens on the camera. But on all the "after" shots? They use "soft focus" or they turn the lens to slightly blurr the model.
This is used Constantly on The Swan and like shows. When blurred, all blemishes and wrinkles disappear instantly. Gosh, we can even do it on internet photos!! Adrien Arpel
is, I believe, shown in soft focus. Not sure; her skin is FANTASTIC. When she gets her
facelifts, she gets chemical peels too. Watch and wait to see her HANDS. They are
covered with liver spots. You won't see Adrien rubbing cream into her hands up close.
They use the Hostess instead.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

I had the Life Style lift in December of 2007. Their information and commercials are very deceiving. They give you a valium pill that didn;t relax me in the least. After 1 hour of shots to numb the face, my whole body was shaking. When he was performing the surgery, I could hear and smell everything he was doing, including burning the skin around my ears. After 4 hours, I was wrapped up in bandages and let out a back door. It was horrible sleeping that night. Had to sit up. Long story short, it did tighten my jawline but still left me with 2 little pouches of fat near my chin. The scars are completely gone and cannot be seen, But be prepared to be out of work for 2 weeks or more. I had to stay out a total of 3 weeks. My opinion is to get a regular face lift even though it costs much more. Any other questions, I will be glad to reply. By the way I am 53 years old. Good luck, Linda

Old 09-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
(female)

fatcat121 HB User

Don't do it! No legitimate plastic surgeon will do it. Does not last, may not do anything for you, may make you look worse. Dentists and optometrists can go to a weekend seminar and then be "certified " to do it.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #9
(female)

debbi26 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Lifestyle lift-how long does it last

Have you ever thought of facial building? I have been doing it for 6 months and I already see positive changes. I was going to go under the knife until I found out about facial building. Even though it does take a year at least to get results you want, I am thrilled at 6 months. I'm 58 and have now decided NOT to get eyelid surgery! My cheeks have already lifted. Saved major $!!!

I have taken photos along the way and even at 6 months, my face is changing for the better (as your face will not be the same a month or so into face building, it's good to have photos to see your improvements)!

It is a lifetime commitment, but at least you look natural and lifted and saves tons of money. And the exercises are easy to incorporate it into your daily schedule.

Anyway I am surprised that not more men and women do this form of exercise rather than take chances with surgery making them look different, costing a fortune and the pain! Too many horror stories out there - Do your homework!

Be sure you get a BOARD certified plastic surgeon if you do go through with any surgery and even then you should face build to keep your muscles toned!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I just went to a seminar given by a plastic surgeon I respect so much. He said thankfully he didn't do that kind of surgery. There are problems of the thread coming through the skin.
If I don't chicken out, I am going to have skin needling done this Saturday, by my dermatologist. It is like a meat tenderizer that is rolled across the face. It will swell and I won't be wanting to do out in public for a few days and then I will be red. It will stimulate collagen growth and everything I have read is positive. It is good for acne, skin tightening, wrinkles but the results are not immediate. It takes a few months. My dr said he is pretty aggressive and says it hurts alot. He uses the numbing cream and gives shots. Well that is where I am hesitant. I have had restylane with and without shots. I prefer without. However, he is going to do under my eyes, my neck,my forehead too besides my face. Ugh, the thought makes me freak. I keep telling myself I will really like the results. It is just getting through it.

Closed Thread