It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
(female)

belovedrayna HB User
Looking into breast implants but am a little confused.

I'm a little confused from my research about some things and wanted to see if those of you who have had it done can clarify the things I'm confused on.

First thing I'm confused on is the Silicone vs. Selean (spelling) implants....I'm not sure what the difference is and don't want to seem like a total spase with the dr. or even have him talk me into something that I may not want.

The other thing I'm confused on is over the muscle or under the muscle.....I just don't get the difference and like I said before I don't want to be a total spase when I go to the dr. about this stuff.

I like to have my decisions made before hitting the doctor's office....especially if it's something this important in my life. Oh....I'm reasearching this stuff because I've decided it's time to do something about it. I was fine with my breast size before my DD was born and now I'm totally unhappy. Everything else "bounced" back but they did not so I figured if I'm going to do the lift then why not go up a size and make myself a full C cup instead of this inbetween crap.

TIA for answering the best you can...I really appreciate it!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: Looking into breast implants but am a little confused.

If you are really going to have it done, then go for the saline not the silicone. I know that the silicone feels better, but they can also leak/rupture, if the silicone leaks out it can cause a lot of problems. My sister had hers redone not too long ago after having had breast cancer a while back, she opted for silicone (for the 3rd time) and they have now ruptured and the silicone is in her lymph nodes, not a good situation. I had silicone years ago and they ruptured, they never could get it all out of me and I have Fibromyalgia, I know that they cannot definitely say that the silicone caused it, but all the doctors I talk to said they believe it did. Anyway, I would definitely go for the saline, and as for under or on top of the muscle, I think under is the best.

Sunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

I would go to some of the forums that are specifically about breast augmentation for information. Breast implants are a major decision, and you should be fully informed before going in for surgery.
The new cohesive gel silicone will not leak all over your body. There are several videos you can easily find of doctors cutting the silicone implants in half and you will see that the material stays completely intact.
There are various reason to choose saline or silicone. You will have to weigh the pros and the cons before deciding.
Personally, I decided on silicone because I had very little breast tissue, and I love the feel of the silicone compared to the saline. I also do not want to go around with one deflated breast in the event of a leak. Everyone has different preferences though. With silicone only an MRI can safely detect a rupture of the shell.
This is also the case with over or under the muscle. Overs can perk up a breast that doesn't quite need a lift, but then again if you have very little breast tissue, overs can show the implant. It's all weighing the pros and cons.
Do your research and get several consultations before deciding on a doctor. Redos are costly and there are more chances of complications with each surgery, so you will want to do it right the first time. Good luck.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User

Personally, I did saline. I also did under the muscle and it looks really good. It seems when you do over the muscle they look more round and not like a natural breast. Because of how good mine turned out, I had lots of friends get them also. Only thing is under the muscle is a longer healing time but I was back to work 5 days later and was fine. I did saline for peace of mind, you never know. Good luck.

Closed Thread