It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

uncertainone HB User
Question How long can I wait between Laser Hair Removal appintments?

If I'm told that I should have an appointment every 6 weeks, would waiting a few days/weeks/months longer make the procedure less effective?

Old 03-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: How long can I wait between Laser Hair Removal appintments?

Hairs must be treated when they are in the active stage of growth. When to be treated with laser varies by different areas. Facial hair treatments are more frequent than body hair. Underarms are more frequent than legs. Going too soon is a waste of money, waiting too long allows the hairs to become inactive.

If your laser provider recommends 6 weeks, and you don't have any hair to treat at the 6 week point, reschedule for another 2 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
(female)

imtupp HB User
Re: How long can I wait between Laser Hair Removal appintments?

I recently underwent my first session. The next treatment is scheduled 8 weeks later. I am a full month in and can already see less growth so I believe 8 weeks was a good choice for me. I was told I'd probably need 5 treatments.
Things to remember;
1. Laser only gets dark, slightly coarser hair...blonde, light, grey, fine won't work so don't waste your money.
2. The paler your skin, the better the results...I was really emphasized on how tanned skin is much harded to achieve the effect.
3. I didn't bother with the Emla cream, as it is really expensive...and I am glad I choose first to try it without, the discomfortis really not that bad.
4. Don't pick or pluck inbetween, cut the hair or shave it if you can't stand it.

Good luck,
tup

Closed Thread