It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
(female)

tasha92337 HB User
Cool Restylane "Fillers" for Puffy, Dark Eye bags???

How much do fillers cost for both eyes? I want to get them done on the tear troughs and i heard it hurts, but i dont care...
I'm in desperate need of getting my eyes atleast 80-90% better than whatat they are now..I cant afford the bleh surgery at this time so i wanted to go an alternate route which i was referred to getting fillers

Help

Old 04-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
(female)

AnneInNY HB User
Re: Restylane "Fillers" for Puffy, Dark Eye bags???

well, it depends on where you live; ie, less expensive in San Jose and more expensive in Los Angeles, right?

Anyway are you sure this is what you want? Fillers are cheaper than blepharoplasty but you might be better off hanging tight and putting the money in the bank til you have enough for a bleph because fillers aren't really cheap either.

If you do this be sure to go to someone who's done ALOT OF THEM because many plastic surgeons don't do fillers under the eyes. You want to see LOTS of pictures (before/afters).

I don't imagine it will hurt that much once they put in an anesthetic, right? That will hurt but just one stick on each side and you're done.

Let me know how it turns out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
(female)

fatcat121 HB User

Fillers in eye area can last a year so good option if you're not ready for surgery. I go to a PS in Bay Area who charges $500.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
(female)

fatcat121 HB User

I'm getting Restylane and the doctor says it usually lasts 9-12 months in eye area. I am only 3 months out but no change so far. yes, the cost is for both eyes but I think it's only one syringe.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

There are plastic surgeons who will do this, however even the manfucaturers of these products recommend against using these fillers in the eye and under-eye areas. These prodcuts were actually created for other areas such as the smile lines.

When doctors use these products under the eyes, they are actually using them "off- label" which means they are using them for something other than what they were actually created and intended for.

I'm not saying these fillers can not be used under the eyes, but if you are going to have them used in this area, please be sure to see a surgeon who has extensive experience in using it this way. As stated before by others, be sure this surgeon can show you plenty of before and after pictures of his work so you know he/she knows how to do everything possible to avoid any lumps/bumps.

Good Luck! I have dark sunken circles under my eyes and would LOVE to get them taken care of, it's just something I'm affraid to try as far as fillers go.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

novant04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha92337 View Post
How much do fillers cost for both eyes? I want to get them done on the tear troughs and i heard it hurts, but i dont care...
I'm in desperate need of getting my eyes atleast 80-90% better than whatat they are now..I cant afford the bleh surgery at this time so i wanted to go an alternate route which i was referred to getting fillers

Help
Depending on what geographic area you are in, restylane (for one syringe, which will be all that you need for under the eyes), is about 500-650 dollars.

Closed Thread