It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
(female)

Lisa7088 HB User
Breast implants making me sick?

Hi everyone!

After getting my breast implants a year ago, I have increasing been getting sicker and sicker. I have had every test out there to try and figure out why, nothing shows up on any tests to confirm why I feel horriable. I feel like I have the flu everyday. Constant headache, fatique, nausea, muscle aches and pains, constipation, night sweats, depression, brain fog, just all around feel like I've been hit by a mack truck!! I've lost my job and I've lost my zest for life! I have an appt. with Dr. to discuss about getting my implants removed.

Anyone have any of these experiences? Please share your story!

Thank you in advance for any help!!

Old 04-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Breast implants making me sick?

Hi I am sorry you are going through this. I had implants in 1986 and was fine for 3 years. I then developed a flu that just wouldn't go away. I was so fatigued. I spent the next 5 years trying to find out what was wrong. I was assured my implants were fine. I had rashes, shoulder pain, sweats, difficulty spelling, noise sensitivity, hair falling out just to name a few. I had to give up my career and work part time as I just couldn't cope. It wasn't until 1992 when the media broke the story about what chemicals were really in the implants and how the silicone shells were inadequate, that I started suspecting my implants were the cause. I did have one breast that was red and itched. It also started feeling heavier. Of course most doctors said I was one of THOSE hysterical women. One of those hysterical women was on Phil Donahue in her navy officer uniform describing her symptoms and they matched mine. She had a rupture. I found a dr who was being interviewed on the news and decided I would go see him. He thought I had a rupture and sent me to UCLA. I had surgery to remove the implant and silicone filled breast and chest tissue and had tissue moved up from my rib area to refill so I wouldn't have any deformity.
I was sad the implants didn't work out for me, but getting them out was the best thing. My hair grew back, my mind cleared and I was able to function again. I could even be in the same room with someone wearing too much perfume. However, I was left with fibromyalgia and sicca syndrome.
Do some research and check out the information out there. I like to think that because of what I and others went through, women now have access to the package inserts and the disclosures, something not available back then. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
(female)

Lisa7088 HB User

Hi Mel!

Thank you for your reply! I can't believe that you suffered for 5 years! You are a strong lady! Im so glad that you are feeling better.

As soon as Im able to get money for the explant, I'll be doing the surgery asap!

Wishing you health!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

It wasn't that I was strong, I just trusted my body trying to tell me something was wrong. The doctors would say I was just depressed and I would why do I have low grade fevers? if I was depressed I wouldn't be trying to find out what was wrong. I would be just laying on the couch. It was a tough time and I still have multiple problems, some kind of autoimmune type illness. If the information was available to research I hope I wouldn't have gone ahead with getting implants but I can't say for sure, as I wanted bigger breasts so badly. It would have been fair to at least know the possible problems so I could make an informed decision to go ahead. Instead I was told they were safe and would last forever.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa7088 View Post
Hi everyone!

After getting my breast implants a year ago, I have increasing been getting sicker and sicker. I have had every test out there to try and figure out why, nothing shows up on any tests to confirm why I feel horriable. I feel like I have the flu everyday. Constant headache, fatique, nausea, muscle aches and pains, constipation, night sweats, depression, brain fog, just all around feel like I've been hit by a mack truck!! I've lost my job and I've lost my zest for life! I have an appt. with Dr. to discuss about getting my implants removed.

Anyone have any of these experiences? Please share your story!

Thank you in advance for any help!!
Do you have saline or silicone?

Old 08-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
(female)

Tlove HB User

I just posted information about having my implants removed before I saw your post. I had every symptom you have plus more. I started getting sick 4 years after my implants. I went to doctor after doctor and nobody could figure out what was wrong with me. Finally I could barely walk and was admitted into the hospital. 2 weeks later I was diagnosed wiyh Myositis,an autoimmune disease. Long story short I was sick and udergoing several treatments with little to no results. My life for the past 3 years has been a nightmare to say the least, I lost my life. Then I was randomly watching MTV's True Life and they had a girl with implants experiencing the same symptoms as me with autoimmune disorders. She took a chance and had her breast implants removed,detoxed her body and she has been getting better one day at a time. I did alot of research on this and decided to have my implants removed about 6 weeks ago. I have been going through the detox process. I had my blood checked last week,and all my levels have returned to normal and I feel really good. It's literally unbelievable. There are autoimmune diseases linked to breast implants, but the FDA doesn't support this. I hardly think it's a coinsidence that I'm feeling better and my blood tests are normal after being on so many medications and barely being able to lift my head up for 3 years. I'm happy to spread the information. I hope this helps you. I know you posted a couple of months ago. I hope you see this! T

Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
(female)

dalila1981 HB User

I feel terrible for you ladies. I had my implants put in 2000 when I turned 18. They are a great silcone shell (the sofest yo can buy) filled with saline. I have not had one problem. Actually the reverse since I put them in I sware I have not been sick at all. Its like my immune system is on high response and I dont get sick. Maybe you all have silicone, those I belive can make you sick. Im sorry these all didnt work out for you. Getting them put in and living with them should enhance your life not ruin it. Well just wanted to post since evryone else that posted had a bad experince I thought I would post a good one. Take care all.

Closed Thread