HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cosmetic-plastic-surgery/)
-   -   Too young for a face lift? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cosmetic-plastic-surgery/835127-too-young-face-lift.html)

ashleyheart 02-10-2011 05:20 AM

Too young for a face lift?

There's actually a couple of procedures I want done (liposuction, nose job) but what I'm most keen to get is a face lift. I really feel that the skin around my eyes and cheeks is too saggy and makes me look older than I am.

The thing is, I'm 22, so would a plastic surgeon turn me away for being too young for a face lift? I've been reading about face lifts online and they all seem to say that face lifts are considered just for aging people.

It's not mega noticeable, my sagging skin, but it's bad enough that I'm self-conscious about it and I feel I look about 30 which obviously at 22 nobody wants! What do you think? Do I stand a chance of getting a face lift done?

< edited >

indygirl222 02-17-2011 07:27 PM

Re: Too young for a face lift?

No i do not think any dr. would consider you for a face lift. you are too young. There are sooooo many options to a face lift that you can look into. Fillers, sculptra, skin tightening lasers, etc etc. I am actually recovering from a facelift at this very minute. 2 weeks post op. Believe me you DONT WANT one! As a last resort, when you are older and have been doing lots of other things for maintenance maybe, but not now! Just go online and research the newest procedures. Good Luck

day1234 03-07-2011 08:13 AM

I would have to agree with indygirl222. I have had several cosmetic surgeries so it is not that I am opposed to them at all. I am 30 now and will likely consider a face lift when I get older, like 15-20 yrs down the rd. However, you are pretty young and our skin and body change as we get older. There are other options you should consider before going under the knife and I would suggest considering all of them. If you look around long and far enough I am sure you will find a surgeon out there that doesn't care how young you are and will take your money; however, I don't think you would want this Dr working on you.

lezah20 06-05-2011 03:55 AM

i dont think so the doctor will let you have face lift. your not in the right age yet and i dont think so you look older. maybe you think it that way cause you always put it in your mind.

rachael39 06-15-2011 07:15 AM

if it's not broke don't change it! You're 22 and unless you have a severe amount of sagging skin i'm sure you don't need a face lift :)

yoli1203 08-04-2011 07:31 PM

You are way too young for a face-lift. I wanted a neck-lift for a double chin and my dr. refused me at 48. He opted for liposuction. We'll see how that goes. As for you're sagging skin at 22, try a good firming cream day and night and drink plenty of water along with a good diet.

DebGrl 08-06-2011 07:31 PM

I'm going to say go see a Plastic Surgeon and let him decide, I went to
a PS and he was telling me that he did a complete Face Lift on a girl who was 25, he said everybodys skin is different and he said she had the skin of a much older women, he said she was very happy with the outcome,
so do what makes you feel better, and let him tell you if your a candidate,
you'll feel better at least knowing, :wave:

bunny23 08-13-2011 02:39 PM

I would try everything else first, they have amazing things they can do these days. As someone who works in the industry, if you go to the "right" doctor they will do anything (even Botox on a 18 year old with "wrinkles")... a good doctor will give you other options before they would consider it.

Also, there is someone on here who wrote about their face lift.. and a ton of people responded to it. I would read that. She is in severe pain and has been for months, as are the other people responding.
That may be a consideration as they have permanent numbness and nerve damage in some cases on top of the pain.. and this is MONTHS, even years later. Just a thought.

JasmynSmith2 01-30-2012 09:32 AM

I can understand your hesitation but I think the condition of your skin rather than your age is an indicator for whether you should have a face lift or not. I know that I’ve had friends with sagging skin and bags under their eyes that were better addressed with a face-lift, and they couldn’t be happier. There’s also varying degrees of this procedure, so I definitely recommend contacting a plastic surgeon for a personalized consultation.

rose0023 02-01-2012 10:11 PM

Yes,dear why not go for it .