It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 AM   #1
(female)

ashleyheart HB User
Too young for a face lift?

There's actually a couple of procedures I want done (liposuction, nose job) but what I'm most keen to get is a face lift. I really feel that the skin around my eyes and cheeks is too saggy and makes me look older than I am.

The thing is, I'm 22, so would a plastic surgeon turn me away for being too young for a face lift? I've been reading about face lifts online and they all seem to say that face lifts are considered just for aging people.

It's not mega noticeable, my sagging skin, but it's bad enough that I'm self-conscious about it and I feel I look about 30 which obviously at 22 nobody wants! What do you think? Do I stand a chance of getting a face lift done?

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 02-10-2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Please do not post unapproved website links- Posting Policy. (Some "Approved" websites in "Resources" tab- bottom screen)

The following user gives a hug of support to ashleyheart:
New You Clinic (06-23-2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
(female)

indygirl222 HB User
Re: Too young for a face lift?

No i do not think any dr. would consider you for a face lift. you are too young. There are sooooo many options to a face lift that you can look into. Fillers, sculptra, skin tightening lasers, etc etc. I am actually recovering from a facelift at this very minute. 2 weeks post op. Believe me you DONT WANT one! As a last resort, when you are older and have been doing lots of other things for maintenance maybe, but not now! Just go online and research the newest procedures. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
(female)

day1234 HB User

I would have to agree with indygirl222. I have had several cosmetic surgeries so it is not that I am opposed to them at all. I am 30 now and will likely consider a face lift when I get older, like 15-20 yrs down the rd. However, you are pretty young and our skin and body change as we get older. There are other options you should consider before going under the knife and I would suggest considering all of them. If you look around long and far enough I am sure you will find a surgeon out there that doesn't care how young you are and will take your money; however, I don't think you would want this Dr working on you.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:55 AM   #4
(female)

lezah20 HB User

i dont think so the doctor will let you have face lift. your not in the right age yet and i dont think so you look older. maybe you think it that way cause you always put it in your mind.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
(female)

rachael39 HB User

if it's not broke don't change it! You're 22 and unless you have a severe amount of sagging skin i'm sure you don't need a face lift

Old 08-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
(female)

yoli1203 HB User

You are way too young for a face-lift. I wanted a neck-lift for a double chin and my dr. refused me at 48. He opted for liposuction. We'll see how that goes. As for you're sagging skin at 22, try a good firming cream day and night and drink plenty of water along with a good diet.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
(female)

DebGrl HB User

I'm going to say go see a Plastic Surgeon and let him decide, I went to
a PS and he was telling me that he did a complete Face Lift on a girl who was 25, he said everybodys skin is different and he said she had the skin of a much older women, he said she was very happy with the outcome,
so do what makes you feel better, and let him tell you if your a candidate,
you'll feel better at least knowing,

Old 08-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
(female)

bunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB User

I would try everything else first, they have amazing things they can do these days. As someone who works in the industry, if you go to the "right" doctor they will do anything (even Botox on a 18 year old with "wrinkles")... a good doctor will give you other options before they would consider it.

Also, there is someone on here who wrote about their face lift.. and a ton of people responded to it. I would read that. She is in severe pain and has been for months, as are the other people responding.
That may be a consideration as they have permanent numbness and nerve damage in some cases on top of the pain.. and this is MONTHS, even years later. Just a thought.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
(female)

JasmynSmith2 HB User

I can understand your hesitation but I think the condition of your skin rather than your age is an indicator for whether you should have a face lift or not. I know that I’ve had friends with sagging skin and bags under their eyes that were better addressed with a face-lift, and they couldn’t be happier. There’s also varying degrees of this procedure, so I definitely recommend contacting a plastic surgeon for a personalized consultation.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-30-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
(female)

rose0023 HB User

Yes,dear why not go for it .

Closed Thread