It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

Karebear4 HB User
Unhappy I want my breast implants removed, ASAP!

This might be a novel, sorry . I just need to get it out, ya know?

I am almost 22. I got my silicone implants 3 days after my 20th birthday (even though you legally must be 22 to receive silicone, my surgeon found a loops hole because my breast were uneven, it was "reconstructive" and the board let me slide). I went from a small A/aa to a C cup (275cc and 300cc)and haven't been happy since week 1. They didn't feel like me and still don't. After a couple months I had capsular contracture in the right breast and bottomed out in the left...now I know this was my body's way of saying "GET THESE OUT OF ME", but instead of removal, I let the doctor convince me to go in & fix the capsular contracture, then replace them with slightly smaller ones. Even though I knew I hated the implants before I had problems...I convinced myself that I would learn to love them in time. Now, 1 & 1/2 years after my revision surgery and $10,000 later I still hate them ! The right one hurts when I don't wear a bra, I wake up to sore boobs, and most of all they are not me. They look amazing & couldn't have turned out more perfect, but they never have felt like me. They feel heavy and get in the way. I was barely an A, but looking back...they were so perky and cute ! I know if I get them removed they wont look the same unfortunately, but I want them removed removed so bad. I paid for the initial implants, my parents paid for the necessary revision, but now I am a full time student with no money. My mom wont help because she thinks it'd be a waste of money because "they look perfect" and "beauty is pain"(note: she's had implants for 30 years & loves hers). My dad would have understood and demanded I get them removed if I was this unhappy/in pain, but he passed away last year.

Now all I can think about is (you can skip this if you're bored now, hah):
-I do not want to be worse off than I was before (+sagging, scars, deflated)
-My boyfriend of 4 years loves me wholeheartedly and no matter what, BUT I don't want him to not find me sexually attractive with a deflated, scarred rack (love can only go so far under the sheets)...even though sex less fun after my implants in my opinion, now I hate when he touches them.
-The first surgery triggered depression from getting used to a new body, anesthesia, ect...scarred it will happen again.
-I've googled too much so now I'm scared that if I don't get them removed, scared I will get an autoimmune disease or brain cancer...I've already got fibromyalgia & CFS symptoms, not sure if it's related to them.

I have found some wonderful sites so it feels good to know that I am not alone! Does anyone have advice? Personal stories? Anyone had theirs removed? If so, did the skin bounce back without a lift? Are you happier now that they are gone? Did your nipples shrink with the breast or stay stretched? Did it hurt? Mostly...how do they look after?

The following user gives a hug of support to Karebear4:
irene91867 (02-23-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
(male)

Shirokuma HB User
Re: I want my breast implants removed, ASAP!

Get them removed,
I am not a woman, guys will not leave you if you have small breasts, it should not matter to the "real" guys. (Plus after kids they shrink way down, my wife went from a full C down to a AA)

I suffered with chronic pain in my testicles for over 10 years until they were removed. A big step and totally did my head in but without the pain I can live normally.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
(female)

Karebear4 HB User

Thank you Shirokuma, that made me feel a lot better. It's always reassuring to hear things from a guy's perspective! We were together for 2 years before I even got them(and he never asked me to get them) so hopefully you're right.

Sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad it was worth it. Thanks!

Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
(male)

Shirokuma HB User

After 8 years of marriage and taking on things we had never even imagined,

Looks go/ fad etc. Medical treatments play havoc on the body. You can never predict the future but you also should not have to suffer if there is an alternative.

I think if more women openly breast feed their babies breasts would be much less sexual in your culture. Believe me nothing really sexy about that, hard, swollen and hot breast. Different cultures and different issues I guess.

Anyway, I know in the US that cost is major issue. Is there no way to get them fixed pro bono?

Besides you have to remember that gravity takes over in the end anyway. I think my wife is happier with smaller ones now that are not down to her waist

Old 02-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
(female)

Karebear4 HB User

Yes, cost is a major issue. I feel stupid for paying to have them implanted, and then paying more money to have them removed. From what I've researched, I do not think there is a way to get them fixed pro bono. Most doctors in the US think "breast implants are perfectly safe", which is a lie.

I agree, looks fade and gravity takes over. I was only 19 when I got them done so I never thought about the future at that time. I actually liked mine better small too but I gave into the pressure of society, now I just want my old ones back!

The following user gives a hug of support to Karebear4:
Shirokuma (02-17-2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
(male)

Shirokuma HB User

society pressure is a real issue.

I never got implants ( they are offered to guys who loose their testicles) I thought they would feel fake.

I can't see the appeal of implants generally speaking. You have to feel good about who your are first. Then if you want them for a specific goal then that is personal choice.

There has to be someone who will do it, try a female surgeon?

Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

Life goes by soooo quickly and each day spent in pain or discomfort is such a waste.
I've always believed there was a connection between autoimmune diseases and implants. It just makes sense. And trust me, you don't want this. You don't want to look back on your life and see that you cared more about your looks than the quality of your life. So, if I were you, I'd stop worrying about how you'd look and find a way to get the money for the surgery. Surely, taking them out can't be as expensive as putting them in.

The Following User Says Thank You to SnowBunny2020 For This Useful Post:
Shirokuma (02-18-2011)
Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
(female)

ihatesub HB User

I hate my sub pec implants - they feel like they are trying to jump out. I was happy with overs for 30 years, but one ruptured. At this point, they feel so awful that I would rather look terrible than keep feeling this awful. They look amazing, but they jump around - even when i wash my hands. i don't want to look awful, so the nurse is going to be "my eyes" and make the decision while I'm unconscious. If I'm going to look deformed they will put the same implants over muscle. If I'm just going to look flat, so be it, I don't want them. I have been paralyzed by the fear of the unknown. This nurse is why I have the courage to finally get them out from under muscle.

Closed Thread