It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
(female)

ria4516 HB User
Considering Breast Augmentation - Need Advice

I am a 23 year old female who has been considering implants for at least 5 years now. The main reasons for holding me back have been 1) the price, and 2) what my friends and family might say. I am currently a 36A, although I wear a 34B just to make myself feel a little better. When I was in my growth spurt around 12 to 15 years of age, I had some disordered eating which I believe greatly hindered my breast growth. I have always been upset at the proportion of my body. I am more of a pear shape and believe that if I had a bigger bustline, then I may be happier with my overall appearance. My main reason for holding back on surgery is that my friends and family will not understand my decision. All of my friends and family are at least a C cup. They have never had to deal with my same struggle. I am sure many of them may feel that I am being superficial and that I should feel happy with who I am. But I am not. So I would like not know, who here has gotten breast augementation? How has your journey been?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Considering Breast Augmentation - Need Advice

I had them. My husband didn't want me to get them but I felt inadequate because I couldn't wear half the clothes styles out there and I was insecure in feeling like a woman. That was my mentality back then. I went to a size B, just to feel "normal" I loved them. However, 3 years later I came down a flu-like symptoms. They didn't go away and I had overwhelming fatigue. I started having memory problems, joint pains, my hair was falling out etc. I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue but I kept questioning why I was running low-grade fevers. It wasn't until the media came out with the negative information 5 years later that I found my answer. I had a ruptured implant. I had just started having pain and severe itching in one breast, before that, everything was through my whole body. I went to UCLA and had surgery. All the breast tissue had to be removed because silicone had spread to the center of my chest. Thankfully, the surgeon was also a microvascular surgeon so he was able to pull tissue up from my rib area and fill everthing in and replace the breast tissue. He then did a lift. I am small but truly I do not care. I immediately stopped having the brain fog and rashes. My hair started growning but I ended up still with the chronic fatigue though they changed it to fibromyalgia. I have some weird symptoms still.
That is my story. This is my advice. Research, read the package insert, talk to people so you can make an informed decision. Many people will say it is just silicone and silicone is used in a lot of items. There are other chemcials in the implants. Saline has its problems too. Save money for replacement over the years. We didn't have that information back then. If I had to do it all over again and just had to have bigger breasts, I would have a fat transfer instead of implants. That's my opinion. I know there are women out there who have had no problems. I am happy they were one of the lucky ones but how do you know? Good luck on whatever you decide.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mel52 For This Useful Post:
ria4516 (05-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
(male)

WasFatNoMore HB UserWasFatNoMore HB User

When we were in high school my late wife used to be so mad that her sister was very buxom while she was small busted. I used to tell her that when she was 40 she would still be playing tennis while Rose would be complaining about back problems. Well, Rose is 50 and complains about them! Perky has it advantages. Besides, at 23 you probably haven't even had children yet, which will fill you out a little.

You say you are pear-shaped, is there something you could do that would slim down your hips to make your figure more in balance? Just a thought.

As a father and now grandfather I can tell you that your health is worth a lot more than your bust size. Except for reconstruction surgery, which I fully understand, from everything I have read, these breast implants just seem to cause woman so much grief and health problems. Good luck to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to WasFatNoMore For This Useful Post:
ria4516 (05-17-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
(female)

Landis880 HB User

I had mine done in 2002. I love them. They're saline, so no worries about ruptures. One of them did rupture in 2005, had it replaced, no problems since. I breastfed just fine too (in case you were wondering ~ some people seem to think you can't if you have implants). I went from an A to a C. Most people didn't even notice because I wore padded push-up bras when I was an A anyway. If anything, my family noticed my self esteem and confidence had changed for the better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Landis880 For This Useful Post:
ria4516 (05-17-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
(female)

spongebobgamma HB Userspongebobgamma HB User

I've had mine for over 10 years with no major problems.. just one breast gets a little hard at times.. message it to soften it up..

I have had no regrets.. makes me feel better about myself.

Took some grief from my family at first, but they soon forgot and left me alone

Old 05-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
(female)

lezah20 HB User

Think every aspects about the implants. Every effects that might get into you.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
(female)

diznee25 HB User

Here's my breast augmentation story:

I had been flat chested my whole life, only filling a padded 32 A bra. Breast augmentation popped in my head when I was 17. I was watching shows like Dr. 90210, and watched him perform breast surgeries. This was something I took seriously. I did my research, reading about the procedure as well as reading stories of women who had been through it already.

Sure, I told my parents, and some close friends at school but they all had the typical comments you would expect to hear, "You don't really want to do that." or "You look fine just the way you are." or "Those surgeries are sooo dangerous."

So I talked with a nurse about natural breast growth. I told her I was interested in breast augmentation and I wanted to know at what age breast stopped growing. (Because Dolly Parton has admitted to getting breast implants at a young age, before her breasts were done growing naturally. T

Last edited by Administrator; 08-24-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Closed Thread