HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cosmetic-plastic-surgery/)
-   -   I hate my chin! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cosmetic-plastic-surgery/884843-i-hate-my-chin.html)

Carlyyy 01-09-2012 02:11 PM

I hate my chin!

[I]Hello, I'm new to this site, so please bare with me.

I know I'm still only young, but there's something that's really getting me down in life. Ever since highschool, my friends have commented on my chin, I didn't have any worries about my chin before highschool, and they used to always laugh at how much it sticks out, and the fact that I have a "bum" chin.

It's got so bad that I hate people looking at me from the side of my face, and I find myself lowering my head so it sticks down rather than out.
When ever I see a picture from the side of my face, all I do is cringe, and want to cry. My brother even commented on it the other day in his own words saying "woah your chin is huge" I laughed it off, and then my mum told him off, so she must have picked up on my dislike of it, because I haven't ever mentioned this to her. In fact I haven't even mentioned this to anyone before.

I don't know quite what I'm asking, I'd just like to know is there any options for having a chin reduction when I'm older? [/I]

Scatter1 01-19-2012 06:54 PM

Re: I hate my chin!

Yes! Of course there is! I suggest finding some before and after pix related to what you want, type "chin reduction, before and after" into google and you'll see that it's possible.
And who knows, maybe your parents will let you do it sooner rather than later. I know what it's like to feel the need to "fix" something. And if this is all that's getting you down about yourself then it will help you feel better. Don't listen to people who say plastic surgery is "fake". They don't realize what you're feeling.

But also try not to let it get to you (I know, I hated hearing that). Sure high school is fun and important, but the real important stuff is after high school. Just remember that you'll be in a different world in a few years and this will all seem silly. And its not something that can't be fixed, it's so doable!

FostersPeople 01-20-2012 05:45 PM

Re: I hate my chin!

Hi. Have you spoken to an orthodontist or a maxofacial surgeon? Maybe it's something to do withyour jaw which may be corrected. I would have to see a photo to see what's going on. Start with those two doctors. If they can't help go to a plastic surgeon which specializes in facial surgery.

[QUOTE=Carlyyy;4907534][I]Hello, I'm new to this site, so please bare with me.

I know I'm still only young, but there's something that's really getting me down in life. Ever since highschool, my friends have commented on my chin, I didn't have any worries about my chin before highschool, and they used to always laugh at how much it sticks out, and the fact that I have a "bum" chin.

It's got so bad that I hate people looking at me from the side of my face, and I find myself lowering my head so it sticks down rather than out.
When ever I see a picture from the side of my face, all I do is cringe, and want to cry. My brother even commented on it the other day in his own words saying "woah your chin is huge" I laughed it off, and then my mum told him off, so she must have picked up on my dislike of it, because I haven't ever mentioned this to her. In fact I haven't even mentioned this to anyone before.

I don't know quite what I'm asking, I'd just like to know is there any options for having a chin reduction when I'm older? [/I][/QUOTE]