It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

susancerabona HB User
11 years after breast augmentation

I got breast augmentation 11 years ago and have experienced pain in the right breast on and off for a while now. After reading several posts on this site, I have decided to see a doctor about it. Finally in 3 weeks I can see what the heck is going on. It's so painful at times that lying down hurts like heck and when I bend forward I have to hold my breast. Needless to say that can be weird at times. I'll keep you posted as to the outcome. I've already had several normal mamograms so I'm curious to see if it's nerve damage or what.
For those thinking about doing this ... just know that there are problems that happen (not to everyone, but they happen). My breasts have been quite numb and non-sensative for 11 years now and I hate it! I used to be SO sensative there and I miss that. If anything needs to be done with my implants ... I will have them removed. If there is any chance of getting the feeling back, I would do it!
Good luck everyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
(female)

NatalieSJC HB User
Re: 11 years after breast augmentation

Thank you, Susan. I'm considering an augmentation, so your story is sort of scary. Please post the result of your doctor's visit, I want to ask my plastic surgeon about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
(female)

susancerabona HB User

I'll keep you posted. My appointment is on the 31st of this month.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

Please do more than just ask your plastic surgeon. Read everything you can and ask for the insert to read about complications of implants. I had them in 1986. I loved them and they looked great but 3 years later I started having rashes, fatigue, hair loss, memory problems, joint pain just to name a few. Never attributed it to my implants and for 5 years I was so sick I had to give up my career. I started wondering if it was my implants as my breast was red, itchy, hurt and felt heavy. Doctors told me everything was fine and I was just a hysterical woman because it was announced the implants were not FDA approved. In 1992, I was watching Phil Donahue interviewing a female Navy officer who was describing her shoulder pain, numbness etc and it was due to a rupture. I lifted my weary head up and started crying because that was me. The media was in a frenzy and to make a long story short, I ended up at UCLA. I had a rupture and the silicone and other chemicals used in make them, (benzene, acetone, platinum, to name just a few) had spread to the center of my chest. All the tissue had to be removed. My surgeon was also a microvascular surgeon and he was able to move tissue up from my rib area to rebuild me so I didn't have deformities and then did a lift.
Immediately the low grade fevers stopped and over the next few months I improved so much. I still have reynauds, fibromyalgia and a mixed tissue disease. THe good part was I met hundreds of other women and was a contact person on the west coast for women seeking answers. Thankfully now, the information is out there so woman can make choices with the facts. Implants do not last a lifetime as I was told. Not everyone will have reactions but how do you know until you are in that position? Please research and then decide. I wish you the best.
Good luck Susan on the 31st with your appointment regarding the pain.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
(female)

NatalieSJC HB User

Susan, I just wanted to let you know that I've decided against a traditional breast augmentation, it's just too scary when I read all of the things that can go wrong. I am considering a lipo-transfer. It won't make the augmentation as big, but it just seems like it must be safer, since it'd be my own tissue. My only concern there is about science discovering that it causes cancer in 10 or 15 years. I'm still doing research...

Closed Thread

Tags
breast augmentation, painful breasts