It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
(female)

blondie3 HB User
Asymmetrical breasts advice please!

Hi everyone,

I'm 20 years old and have had an issue with uneven B cup breasts since I went through puberty (at about 13). I think my issue is more complicated by the fact that it is not my breasts themselves which are different in size but my chest has a dip in it on the left side. This has meant that the left breast appears smaller in size and looks different in shape but actually feels exactly the same as the right side. I think this issue may have something to do with a collapsed lung which I had from birth.

Other than this I am very healthy and have never had any medical problems as a result of this issue. My main problem is that it makes me very uncomfortable in low cut tops and bras can be painful and irritating. I have had a pretty normal sex life up until now and haven't felt it has affected me in longer term relationships. However, recently I have been much more bothered by the problem and I feel it is making me less confident. I am constantly worried that people are noticing and I feel really self conscious about it. It makes me nervous about the thought of starting a new sexual relationship with someone as I am worried that it is really unattractive. I think that as I am quite thin anyway the dip in my chest and unevenness is even more prominent.

I have got an appointment with a doctor about this in a couple of days time but just wanted some advice about what people might think my options are. I have considered cosmetic surgery but worry that although they will look the same they will feel different! It's a bit of a catch 22 so any advice would be great!

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
(female)

lradke89 HB User
Re: Asymmetrical breasts advice please!

Don't worry about it. It shouldnt affect your confidence at all. But your doctor will tell you if you are a good candidate for surgery since you have a collapsed lung.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

The hollowness in your ribcage is pectus excavatum. It's repaired not through breast surgery but by changing the shape of the rib cage. If it's affecting your lung, you should probably have it fixed, otherwise, it's your decision.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
(female)

jennygrl HB User

Just make sure you choose a good surgeon with experience in this problem. I do not think a simple boob job is going to work for that.

Hugs,

Jen

Closed Thread

Tags
confidence, cosmetic surgery, uneven breasts