It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
(female)

Jackal17 HB User
Considering Implants

Hi Everyone,

I know this topic has been discussed before on this board but I am hoping for some help with thoughts that are plaguing me.

I have struggled with getting implants (a C cup). Part of me wants them and another part of me wants to just accept the way I am. I am a B cup and I am in great physical shape. My boyfriend likes they way I am and says I don't have to change for him.

However, when I see other people who are bigger and that I perceive as looking better I get down.

I have had several discussions with my boyfriend on this issue, all raised by me. We had a discussion last night and he said he will support me in whatever I want to do, but never wants me to throw it up in his face that I got it done and empasizes if I do it, I should do it to make myself happy.

He says I am beautiful, look great in clothes etc and I don't need implants. However, he admitted that implants wouldn't make me worse and that they would make me look better in a bathing suit or dress. But again, he says I look good now. He now says he thinks I should do it for my own peace of mind, because I do torture myself over this.

I find this confusing to process in my mind. If I look good now, why not tell me not to get them? I struggle with my own feelings, sometimes I want to do it other times I don't think I should. And now I wonder, even though he said I look good now, but thinks I would look better if I get them, does he really think I look good now? And if I don't get them, will he always think I would have looked better if I did?

Please note, this isn't about him, it is about my own thought process and me running through all of the scenarios and being extrememly conflicted.

Any input would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
(female)

juner50 HB User
Re: Considering Implants

Alright I'll stick my 2 cents in. If it's for you and you alone, you never should have even discussed it with your boyfriend. Also you kind of put him in an awkward position, He's damned no matter how he answers. Keep in mind if you get implants you will be looking at years of maintenance. If you have nice breasts...leave them alone. You will be happy as you get older that you had a B cup. Less sagging. Also be sure to wear a good bra with underwires. When you are 50 - 60 years old you will thank me.

Now if you have an irregularity that is bothering you that's a different story.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
(male)

NeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB User

I just can't help but say something ,as my wife was a c since she was really young, and the back problems from carrying the weight really wasn't worth it, now I would be happy with what you have as the risks involved really don't out weigh the results, as you have something there now. I would be happy and if I was your boyfriend, I would tell you HELL NO NEVER.... My wife has had three surgery's for cysts that were not bad ones thank GOD, as we thought the worst every time till toxicology reports came back. As she has the big breast problem of milk duct infections, and has had an open incision for two years as the surgeon lanced it open in his office, when it was infected 2 weeks after the last surgery and said to let it drain, AND IT HAS NEVER CLOSED FOR MORE THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LEAVE EM ALONE YOU ARE FINE THE WAY YOU ARE!!!! sorry for the details but you don't have any health problems with your breasts, so I would thank god for that and move on, and my wife's breasts have actually shrank in the last couple of years, as she lost about 30 pounds seemed like it was all in her breasts LOL... and I still love her, she also has one that is smaller from the surgery's all the time. I just figured you needed to have some more input on this, as it is a life changing event as you may not be happy with the outcome anyhow, well I wish you the best of luck with your decision and still tell ya DON'T DO IT YOU ARE FINE take care

OH had to add this as my wife always wore under wire bras,they still sagged DAMN KIDS LOL!! and now went back to a thick padded bra helps even em out a bit, maybe get one if you already don't and they will look bigger when you are dressed and give you peace of mind.

Last edited by NeckIssueGuy; 07-29-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I wish I had listened to my husband when he told me he liked me the way I was, but oh no, I was too insecure and wanted to buy a bathing suit right off the rack. I just wanted to be a "B". three years later I got sick. My hair fell out, I was exhausted, I had rashes, fevers, memory loss etc etc. It was finally discovered I had a rupture. Now 20 years later I am still paying for it with health problems. I am so fortunate my husband stuck with me. Would your boyfriend?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

wachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB User

Here's my rant against implants. Read from * for what I suggest instead

Implants purely for vanity reasons, I advise against.

Every single woman, no exceptions, I've seen with implants has looked horrible when nude or in skimpy outfits. Their breasts jut forward like torpedo points with no realism to them at all.

The natural gravity which you expect from breasts is not present with implants. Even after it has been allowed to "settle". Anyone who has seen a few natural bodies can instantly recognize implants when they see them, whether nude or in bathing suits. Implanted breasts also do not feel like real breasts do. They don't move like real breasts do or deform like real breasts do. They don't bounce the same nor do they flatten out like the real deal when you lie down. They cannot be fondled or handled the same as real breasts.

Countless beautiful women with beautiful bodies have had their natural beauty utterly ruined. The end result in their pursuit of vanity was a negative.
A pair of small real breasts are much preferable to a pair of fake big monstrosities.

The risks are great as well. Even the new supposedly "safe" implants that don't leak are not safe. Even when done perfectly, scar tissue can form at any time and complications can arise from allergies and worse.

Instead of implants, consider hypnosis. Gains of a cup size or more is possible. You can buy cds for home use or use a licensed hypnosis practitioner who specializes in that area.
Also, if you can relax and follow instructions, you can be hypnotized - so just relax.

Last edited by wachix; 08-01-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
(female)

Jackal17 HB User

Thanks for the input everyone.

To Juner50, I think it was appropriate to discuss with him, however I appreciate your input.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Here's my 2 cents worth: Implants are a foreign substance that stimulates your immune system to make antibodies, and can lead to autoimmune diseases that will last a lifetime and ruin your health. If that isn't bad enough, the immune system tries to wall them off by creating a scar capsule around the implant. That makes them hard and round like a cue ball, not fun to fondle. The surgery cuts thru nerves so your breasts afterward will be numb. They are also cold to the touch. They just sit on your chest like headlights and look unnatural. Your boyfriend will hate them and if he likes you the way you are, it could ruin your relationship. Then, there is the chance of infection, rupture, and if you have to get them removed, you'll be left with sagging, loose skin and deformity. They interfere with mammography and breast feeding sometimes. There is no redeeming quality about them! There will always be women who are prettier, skinnier, bigger busted, smarter, etc. Just jump on board with your boyfriend and love yourself the way you are. Believe me, you will be sorry sooner or later if you do it.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

well said ladybug and so much the truth. I was a contact person on the west coast for women back in the early 90's to help them find good surgeons, and to connect with other women so they wouldn't feel so alone. No internet back then. I heard the same story over and over of what implants did to them and their quality of living.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User

No way! Implants are so 1992! A c cup is not much different from a b cup anyways, so what's the point? To me, the problem sounds like it would be better solved by therapy for self esteem issues (not saying this to knock you). Besides it seems like most people go in just wanting a b-cup and when alls said and done they end up having D's for whatever reason (sometimes drs end up having to overfill etc) and they just end up looking stupid (the worst part is, everyone can see it).

Old 08-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
(female)

ericanicole25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
The surgery cuts thru nerves so your breasts afterward will be numb. They are also cold to the touch. They just sit on your chest like headlights and look unnatural.
Not sure who's implants you've been feeling, but mine are definitely warm to the touch and natural looking!

There seems to be a lot of implant haters here on your post...I can say I've been very happy with mine and with my decision to get them. I am only 4 months post-op, and yes, there are many things that can go wrong...for example, I am still experiencing some numbness in my left breast, while the feeling in my right came back almost immediately. My surgeon said the numbness is due to stretched nerves (not severed) and with massage and stimulation the feeling should return in time BUT there is a chance it may not. That was something I was aware of when I made the choice.

I know many women who have had breast augmentation for all the wrong reasons, i.e. their BF wants them to...for me personally, it was a choice to be happier with my appearance. I started a very small A and then nursed two children...the end result? Very sad little boobies.

The worst thing you can do is base your decision on the opinions of others...do lots of research, read lots of articles, talk to lots of surgeons and then make your own informed decision. Just because one woman gets capsular contracture (scar tissue builds up around the implant causing hardness and pain) doesn't mean everyone will. There are massaging techniques to help prevent that, but it's always a possibility. Same goes with illnesses caused by implants...every body is different and will react differently.

The grade of silicone used in the modern breast implant is deemed completely safe, even in the event of a rupture. I wasn't advised to use saline because I had nearly no natural breast tissue left, which means if I went saline they would feel like a couple of bags of water...that and with time you can see rippling in the breast implant.

The one thing I have heard from many is to go under the muscle instead of just under the breast tissue. It makes for a much more natural look, and you are less likely to experience capsular contracture.

Good Luck!

ericanicole

Old 08-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericanicole25 View Post
Not sure who's implants you've been feeling, but mine are definitely warm to the touch and natural looking!

There seems to be a lot of implant haters here on your post...I can say I've been very happy with mine and with my decision to get them. I am only 4 months post-op, and yes, there are many things that can go wrong...for example, I am still experiencing some numbness in my left breast, while the feeling in my right came back almost immediately. My surgeon said the numbness is due to stretched nerves (not severed) and with massage and stimulation the feeling should return in time BUT there is a chance it may not. That was something I was aware of when I made the choice.

I know many women who have had breast augmentation for all the wrong reasons, i.e. their BF wants them to...for me personally, it was a choice to be happier with my appearance. I started a very small A and then nursed two children...the end result? Very sad little boobies.

The worst thing you can do is base your decision on the opinions of others...do lots of research, read lots of articles, talk to lots of surgeons and then make your own informed decision. Just because one woman gets capsular contracture (scar tissue builds up around the implant causing hardness and pain) doesn't mean everyone will. There are massaging techniques to help prevent that, but it's always a possibility. Same goes with illnesses caused by implants...every body is different and will react differently.

The grade of silicone used in the modern breast implant is deemed completely safe, even in the event of a rupture. I wasn't advised to use saline because I had nearly no natural breast tissue left, which means if I went saline they would feel like a couple of bags of water...that and with time you can see rippling in the breast implant.

The one thing I have heard from many is to go under the muscle instead of just under the breast tissue. It makes for a much more natural look, and you are less likely to experience capsular contracture.

Good Luck!

ericanicole
You seem to be ignoring the fact that this is a girl whose breasts are not deflated from pregnancy or breastfeeding. She apparently has perfectly good b-cups but states that "when I see other people who are bigger and that I perceive as looking better I get down." This is a terrible reason for any young woman to get breast implants, and it's why everyone is trying to discourage her from it.

Closed Thread