It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
(female)

ericanicole25 HB User
Post surgery Aug 1, my breast sitting higher... is this normal??

Hey there,

So, just over 4 months ago I went for breast augmentation. I was originally an A cup, but after breastfeeding two kids I was more of a deflated A...couldn't even fill my cup.

I went for 450cc silicone gel implants, submuscular...they turned out to be a D cup, I am currently wearing a 36 D.

I've noticed that one breast is sitting higher than the other, and appears smaller. I know for certain this was the smaller of my breasts pre-op, so I am not worried so much about the size difference, but I can tell the one is higher because of where my nipples point...the lower breast nipple points a little more upward, while the higher one point more straight on.

I am just wondering if other people have experienced this, if it is something that sorts itself out with more time (I have been told it can take 6 months up to year or so for everything to settle in) or if there's anything I can do to help the higher breast drop and even out...it has dropped significantly since the surgery, just not as much as the other.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

ericanicole

Old 10-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
(female)

nrs50 HB User
Re: Post Breast Aug - 1 breast sitting higher...is this normal??

Hello there,

If your breast was slightly higher before surgery or maybe if you didn't notice it as much since you said you were a bit 'deflated' they will be the same post op as before...i.e if one nipple points in a certain direction, it is likely to do it AFTER surgery as well.

That being the case, since you had gel filled mplants placed and those come prefilled, the surgeon could not add more volume to the smaller breast (as in adjusting a saline implant).

As for one sitting higher than the other you could try to use an ace wrap across the top of the higher breast to help push down on the "shelf" where the breast protrudes...although this should have been done long ago before the tissues healed. You may not get the same effect now since its been so long. Be sure to firmly compress if you do, DO NOT WRAP TOO tight. you don't want to compromise circulation. Hopefully since some time has passed you have gotten the look your going for.

Good Luck
Erica

The Following User Says Thank You to nrs50 For This Useful Post:
ericanicole25 (10-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

rumorwild HB Userrumorwild HB User

I had a breast aug. several years ago. After about six weeks I noticed one was higher than the other. I went in to see the doctor and he said the scar tissue was forming and he "popped" it lose. I layed on the table and he put his fist on either side of the breast and pushed and the scar tissue broke lose and the breast lowered and got soft again. I felt so much better cause I was really worried! I'm not sure if they still do the "popping" anymore but anyway you should see your doc asap and get it seen to before the scar tissue hardens anymore (if that's what it is). I've had to had them both redone over the years. They just kept firming up and all he could do was go in there and remove the scar tissue and replace the implant with another one. I've actually got silicone in one and saline in the other. The last one he did is firming up again so I think I'm just going to have them removed one of these days...good luck!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
(female)

ericanicole25 HB User

Thank you for writing. Since I last posted I saw the surgeon and it appears that my right breast implant is "bottoming out". Essentially, the implant has gone too far below the breast crease and the nipple appears to be moving up. This is more common with inframammary fold incisions. I have a revision surgery to re-stitch the pocket on December 7th.

Closed Thread

Tags
augmentation, breast, implant