It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

Upstate12 HB User
Labiaplasty complications

I had labiaplasty 5 weeks - only to remove a small area of extra tissue. PS went overboard. Cut far down to perineum. Area discussed in pre op as area not to touch. Stitches came loose on left side after slightly straining. Major swelling, worsening discomfort.

I now cannot walk very long, absolutely no physical activity whatsoever (meeting friends for an hour is about the most I can handle outside of work).
Sore feeling in area. Not so much when touching (even though still sensitive), but moreso a constant dull ache.

Loosing sleep. Avoiding eveything I used to enjoy bc I simply feel too constricted. Overall a nightmare that is with me 24/7.

Would really like to hear from those who had similar experience, but where they are in recovery post 6+ weeks out. Doctors on some of these message boards don't seem to divulge much. Either not had any cases like this or possibly protecting their livelihood.

This is a growing business. Pre-op and post-op guidance is dangerously void of correct questions to patients and detailed instructions.

I look forward to hearing from any in similar place.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Labiaplasty complications

Hi upstate, I am so sorry that you are so miserable & that you are curtailed with pain @ almost 6 weeks post op! Welcome to healthboards! We are a support group of people going through similar health problems & successes. There is no expert opinion here but you will be amazed @ the wealth of knowledge found here! A good place to start & very happy to have you.

What has your dr told you about your swelling? Pain? Stitches broken? Do you have an infection? Fever, area hot to touch, redness, a hard or soft area that you can feel inside the swollen area, like maybe an abcess? Drainage from incision? Is it completely closed? Have you taken antibiotics? I dont know about labiaplasty, from personally having one, but i possibly can help you until you see your dr or a new dr, perhaps? If it had been 6 weeks almost & my dr wasnt helping me I might consider it. Imho. Please update as I and Im sure others are glad your here & eant to help you in anyway that we can. Thank you,upstate

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-23-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Please do not suggest to members they multiple post. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
(female)

Upstate12 HB User

Stitches came loose 2 days out. Wound separated. Bleeding not intense, but swelling on this left side was bad. Took another 2 weeks for area half way up to close and heal.
PS said no big deal. She's protecting herself as all I could do was ask her why she cut so far down in area asked her specifically not to. Yeast infection also.
GYN says anatomically things are healed and look ok. He sees scar marks from this wound opening. Suggests massage to prevent tightening. Not much he can say about when pain will go away, but hopes I will feel better in few weeks.
Problem is everyone who posts complications and updates are no better off, or slightly better a year later. I have seen none with similar stories and later reporting success a few months down the road.
Common thread on these is typically split stitches/wound opening. Why do doctors not prepare for this??? I saw one site only that lays out everything. My dr just said "don't do too much". Never once said be careful about even slightly straining. As a matter of fact, when this happened, I asked if should hold pernieum in place when having bm. She said "no need". Guess you can gather I ignored her and did thank gosh.

Posting mainly to find out if anyone experienced numbness and pain almost 6 weeks out. And what their prognosis was another 2-3 months later. This constant pain and discomfort was ok the first few weeks. It's now unbearable. Reminder everyday of the mistake I made going to this woman.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate12 View Post
Stitches came loose 2 days out. Wound separated. Bleeding not intense, but swelling on this left side was bad. Took another 2 weeks for area half way up to close and heal.
PS said no big deal. She's protecting herself as all I could do was ask her why she cut so far down in area asked her specifically not to. Yeast infection also.
GYN says anatomically things are healed and look ok. He sees scar marks from this wound opening. Suggests massage to prevent tightening. Not much he can say about when pain will go away, but hopes I will feel better in few weeks.
Problem is everyone who posts complications and updates are no better off, or slightly better a year later. I have seen none with similar stories and later reporting success a few months down the road.
Common thread on these is typically split stitches/wound opening. Why do doctors not prepare for this??? I saw one site only that lays out everything. My dr just said "don't do too much". Never once said be careful about even slightly straining. As a matter of fact, when this happened, I asked if should hold pernieum in place when having bm. She said "no need". Guess you can gather I ignored her and did thank gosh.

Posting mainly to find out if anyone experienced numbness and pain almost 6 weeks out. And what their prognosis was another 2-3 months later. This constant pain and discomfort was ok the first few weeks. It's now unbearable. Reminder everyday of the mistake I made going to this woman.

Mercy & hope to you,upstate, Imo, i think you may have infection. When exactly last time perineum seen by a dr? Hot to touch, redness, swollen? I know you have pain. Truly, the body a remarkable thing. It heals. I have chronic pain in back caused 100% by medical actions. Mri showed it in 1988. Finally told 2012!! This is how much they will protect self &their kind. I dont want to be nosy or unkind, first, are you disfigured even if swelling goes down? Second, let me investigate if a test, like a nerve conduction study can be performed for that area. Is it nerve pain? Electric like ,shooting pain. Or giant ache, burning, pressure, throbbing,itching,you said numbness right? This is personal so check
yourself & (lets not put on board ok) in very important areas for numbness( button &entrance) & just say yes if present.ok? Waiting for you next post.
Ps sometimes only the bad posted. There could be great results but no one posts the good. Why would they take the time? Remember that when browsing. Let me hear, please

Last edited by gmak; 11-15-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
(female)

jennygrl HB User

Sorry about your problem but labia reduction can be so great. Mine was. Just cuz you had problems doesn't mean some kind of conspiracy is going on. I had mine by an excellent plastic surgeon years ago and mine looks, feel and works great. I hope you healed or got yours fixed. Hugs.

at one with my inner freak after labiaplasty

Reply Reply