It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
(male)

Weez762 HB User
Has any had cheek and or chin implants removed.?

Hi everyone. I'm going through a very miserable time right now. I had plastic surgery for all the wrong reasons and am now stuck with contemplating on weather I should remove my cheek and chin implants that have been in for 14 months. I have talked with few surgeons and they say because of my young age 25 , and the fact that they've been in for only abit over a year that, the skin should just contract back Down and I'll look like my pre-op state. I do not trust these plastic surgeons anymore as for what I have been through, I feel they just bend the truth so people go ahead without really knowing what will happen until it is done. Has anyone out there had removal of any facial implant or both that could please inform me on what really happens after removal. Someone please help me. I am so lost and depressed. I don't want to make the wrong decision but I just don't think I can live with these implants in my face.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Liarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB User
Re: Has any had cheek and or chin implants removed.?

Hi sorry that you are going through such a though time. May I ask what is wrong with the cheek and chin implants? Plastic surgery is sometimes hard to accept after its done, even when someone wants it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
(male)

Weez762 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liarose25 View Post
Hi sorry that you are going through such a though time. May I ask what is wrong with the cheek and chin implants? Plastic surgery is sometimes hard to accept after its done, even when someone wants it.
They're just creating a look that's hard for me to get use too and I just want my old face back. Also, they restrict my smile and just the possible long term effects of bone erosion and I play sports but now have to becareful of taking blows to the face. I think that if eventually they will have to be removed I should just do it now so there's better chance of returning closest to my prep op state but would like to know what really happens and how the healing process goes after removal from someone who has already done it. I have read so many unfortunate stories of removal that I'm scared stuck not knowing what would be the right choice for me.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
(male)

Weez762 HB User

I was happy with the way I looked before surgery but was going through a depressing time thinking that plastic surgery would make me look better and feel better and be more confident and happy with myself but with lack of research and being young and naive I trusted a reputable surgeon to go forward and ruined my life. I can't seem to get use to the new look the implants are creating and my smile is restricted. I think about it all day and night and everyone is telling me to have them removed but from reading all these unfortunate stories upon removal I'm hesitant and need to find someone who has had them removed to let me know what really happens after the removal. I know I can't live with them but am terrified of the thought of removal going wrong or causing issues. I'm stuck in the middle of this hell. If there's anyone who has had any facial implant removed would you please let me know how it went for you and if there's any sagging skin afterwards. Thanks

Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Liarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB User

I see that no one has answered that has had the implants removed. First you will need to know what type of implant they used. If it the one with holes that your own tissue grows into it that type of implant is much more damaging to the area. Yes being young will let you skin go back into place. I do not think you will have any skin problems with the cheeks...the chin may be the problem if they used the implant with the holes. I would suggest that you find by researching a plastic surgeon that specializes with facial implant removals or facial plastic surgery. I would get at least 3 to 4 opinions and if they all say the same thing then you will get your answer to what will happen. Hopefully someone will answer this post for you that has had experience. Sorry you are going through this and I hate that plastic surgeons take advantage of someone who clearly doesn't need the surgery. Yes we can all use improving but if we look good then tell us that and let us make the decision if we want perfection. I've had several surgeons suggest a chin implant but I think my chin is fine, it's feminine why do I need a big jaw...I'm a female. Sorry for going off on that!

Last edited by Liarose006; 04-22-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #6
(male)

Weez762 HB User

Thank you so much for your input liarose25. You are a kind sweetheart. I am currently having consults with couple different surgeons to see what they say. Hopefully my skin will shrink back down after the removal and this nightmare be over.

The following user gives a hug of support to Weez762:
Liarose006 (04-22-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
(male)

goltz HB User

Im facing similar situation, but in my case I will have to remove it for health reasons. My fears and concearns are the same as yours, have you removed your implant yet?

Old 04-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
(female)

LVK829 HB User

Duplicate.........

Last edited by LVK829; 04-07-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
(female)

LVK829 HB User

I see that you never got a clear answer from anyone. I am not sure if you went through with anything or not but I thought I would post in case anyone can benefit from it in the future.

There are many different types of implants:
Silicone (smooth surfaced)
Medpor
PTFE
Mesh
Hydroxyapatite.
The silicone are by far the most popular and quite easy to remove under local.
The others however can be quite complex.

I had a hard silicone chin implant in . It was not the porous kind. For the particular kind I had it only came in small, medium, large, and extra large. It was just a solid clear silicone. Over time your skin restricts around it and that how it keeps from moving around in the pocket the surgeon creates.

For me it was simple. He did it in his office under local. I got a steroid dose pack for swelling and antibiotics. After a year I just didn't really care for the "new look". I went back to his office and he took out, again using local. It was simple. He went through the same incision in the bottom of my chin and took it out. No problems. I was more swollen with the removal of it then I was when it got put in. But it went down and everything went right back into place.

My smile was also restricted and that was the main reason for the dislike of it. Once it was out I got almost an immediate return of my old smile and fell in love with my original look all over again. Now my chin is very receded and honestly I need jaw surgery but I don't want to go through that. So we used some filler in the chin area to enhance it a little. Best thing ever. No restriction to smile and still got just what I needed to look like I have a proper chin and not a neck leading to my teeth.

Reply Reply