It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2001, 12:59 PM   #1

tina ballerina HB User
Unhappy Tietze Syndrome/Costochondritis

I have suffered with this condition for almost seven years, but in the past few days it has been at it's worse. I was so scared today, i thought i was having a heart attack, it was that bad. I know very little about this condition and would love to hear of anyone who has experienced the same. Read about this is not the same as hearing from someone who has the condition. Anyone out there!

Old 04-24-2001, 05:20 PM   #2

Lol HB User
Smile

Hi there - Whereabouts is your Teitze's Syndrome? Mine is breastbone/ribcage and almost 10yrs ago it was so bad I couldnt speak for the pain (chest muscles needed to speak for those who wonder what I mean!)so unable even to chat to pals phoning to ask how I was! No quality of life at all then... Got referred to The Pain Clinic where Consultant gave me Steroid injection straight in breastbone bit (yep, tears to the eyes OH YES). Within the hour the pain was subsiding miraculously... I had further injections over past ?5 yrs or so which help. They then stopped being as effective - until I was started on Amitriptyline tablets one per day -this is used either as Painkiller or AntiDepressant.. in my case painkiller - I wd never have believed the relief this gave, and is still giving. Pls dont despair - still lots I cannot do tho but you start to find ways round the pain and symptoms, and things to avoid so it wont get worse. Glad to be in touch, pls contact me if you wish, and if you feel I can give some support. Nobody understands this pain which is so very severe its exhausting. Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2001, 06:47 PM   #3
Inactive

HalleyJ HB User
I have had sever pain in the ribcage/back area for a year now. Non of the pills have helped. Dr. said learn to live with it. How? I understand exactly what you are going through. Do you ever have burning pain in upper back and side? Almost feels like an ulcer in back and side. Mine is all on the left side. I've had a lung scan and spine MRI to rule out problems in those areas. Currently struggeling with heartburn too. Scheduled of scope of digestive system sometime within the next 2 weeks. Keep in touch. Halley.

Old 06-08-2001, 11:37 PM   #4

tina ballerina HB User
hi lol, hi halley

sorry it's taken so long to reply, but yes you 've guessed i've been unwell. I have had problems with my Liver. Your question lol was were is the pain, yes mine is also chest/rib cage. The first time i had it I thought i was having a HEART ATTACK, so scary. I was taken into hospital and they too wanted to inject steroid, but i refused.
i had been on steroids for years and enough was enough. There's not much that takes the pain away, but i am glad to hear i am not alone, as i really thought i was going to die when it first reared it's ugly head.
thanks for replying and halley hope you get on ok with your treatment.

Closed Thread