It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2001, 04:10 PM   #1

Brooklyn HB User
Post Costochondritis

Hi
I'm a 20 year old female and I've had costochondritis for about 3 years now. But I just started on a Vioxx. My doctor also mentioned cortisone shots! I don't know what to think of that. It dosen't stop me from doing anything it's just really bothersome.
I've taken my second Viosxx tab. . .12.5 mg when should I see results. . . Id' like to know more about costochondritis and ppl like me!
Thanks for everything.

Old 06-18-2001, 09:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
I've had flare ups of costo for several years, one of the causes of it is trauma to the chest area, which I had, alos viral infections can trigger it to. It's a painful condition, I've had one cortizone injection at the site of the 5th rib and costovertebra and it helped simmer down a nasty flareup, so I wouldn't get one unless you were having a nasty flare. I don't let it bring me down either but it is rather a painful situation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2001, 10:07 PM   #3
Inactive

kat27 HB User
This just caught my eye. I was actually checking on responses to another post. I was just diagnosed with this condition. I thought it would just go away on its own but realized this wasn't the case after having it now for four weeks. (finally went to the doc about it) I moved something that was too heavy(didn't look that heavy or difficult to move). At first I just had a little tenderness in my back going around to the sides. Thought it would go away. Then the pain just kept getting worse and worse.
These two posts are a little depressing to read. Why doesn't it just go away? Seems to me that once you get it then you are more or less stuck with it. I am depressed(a figure of speech--not literally depressed) about this now. This worries me because my job is somewhat physical which requires alot of walking, driving from acct. to acct., standing on concrete floors, moving and climbing ladders, stocking and moving displays, etc. I love what I do and would be horribly unhappy if I had to stop.

Old 07-05-2001, 08:13 PM   #4

tulips HB User
I had cc flare ups for a few years. Cortisone injection helps,plus it makes you feel GREAT! You might try it once... I noticed the flare-ups followed upper body overuse, especially in spring with overzealous gardening. Hope that helps...

Old 07-05-2001, 08:16 PM   #5

tulips HB User
sorry, double posted.

[This message has been edited by tulips (edited 07-07-2001).]

Closed Thread