It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2003, 03:32 AM   #1
(female)

kristinita9 HB User
Post Arthritis/Costochondritis - Prolotherapy treatments

I'm 53 y.o., first time posting on this site. I've been suffering with pain in the rib cage area for appr 5 years, diagnosed with Costochondritis and or Osteoarthritis. Flares up usually 4-5 times a year and lasts several weeks.

I've had multiple xrays, bone scans, other tests in the process; I have tried all kinds of heat wraps/heat pads, Ibuprophen, Ultram, bed rest or work it to death!

This current flare up has been the absolute worst; saw my reg. dr. on Wed, did more rib & chest xray; prescribed oxycodone (which did help some) but Friday evening ended up in emergency room in EXCRUTIATING pain and was given some kind of injection that stopped the pain almost totally & almost immediately. Thank goodness as it may well have saved my life as I was considering ANY option to ease this pain. ER dr also prescribed VIOXX.

I've recently found out about Prolotherapy treatments and have made an appt for 10-21 to talk to Dr. Does anyone have experience with prolo?

Old 10-08-2003, 09:27 AM   #2
Veteran

fm5 HB User
I have heard about it on some alternative medicine programs on the radio. I definitely believe in alternative medicine. I can't tell you how many other treatments I have used and it has really helped.

Let us know your results.

[This message has been edited by fm5 (edited 10-08-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 02:40 PM   #3
(female)

kristinita9 HB User
Thanks for your reply, I'm still doing research about prolotherapy. Today I started taking MSM & Glucosamine which is supposed to be a very good supplement for arthritis pain. Hoping for good results, will let you know.

Closed Thread