It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 07:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
IBS and costochondritis

Does anybody have any idea if these two conditions can somehow be related??I have IBS symptoms and for the past couple weeks very bad back pain with horrible sternum pain that doc said was costo, just looking for info, today my sternum is extremely painful to the touch, worse than ever. I know I probably strained my back a few weeks ago lifting a 50 pound bag of cat litter but this sternum pain came along after that and quite suddenly.

Thanks for all your help.

Old 08-01-2004, 07:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: IBS and costochondritis

I don't think the sternum problem has anything to do with IBS. Sometimes when you lift something heavy the ribs shift ever so slightly in the sternum and cause pain several days later.

This happen to my wife years ago and we thought she was having heart problems. THe Doctor that treated her asked had she lifted anything heavy because it seems the ribs had shifted. We had forgoted that she was helping me work on a car I was restoring and helped me lift a transmission---- we has forgotten about it 3 days ago.

You should be OK by NOW !!

Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Thanks Harry, a transmission, holy cow!!! I thought I was bad lifting bags of cat litter-

I know now its related to the lifting, everytime I use my arms in the motion of lifting I get the same pain. I am trying to be careful but its hard when you are used to doing stuff like that. I did not know the ribs shifted, do they go back to normal?? I went to my DO and he did a couple adjustments but I don't see that it helped me at all.

Again thanks and keep the wife from lifting those transmissions-haha

Old 08-01-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Hi toolgrl,
My wife hurt to move and to breath. So, the Doctor gave my something for pain. I also treated her with a hemeopathic remedy and it healed in a week or so -- the remedy was Calcarea Phosphorica in a 6X potency taken 4 times daily. You can buy it at a health food store --- it is really a tissure cell remedy.

It will heal and you'll be back to your old self in that area at least. Just take it easy for awhile.

Harry

Old 08-01-2004, 02:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Harry for the info, got any remedies for sciatica???

Closed Thread