It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
(female)

laura3377 HB User
Angry Costochondritis is ruining my life....

I have had this for about 2 months now and it is interfering in every aspect of my life. Even though I've had all the heart tests (stress echo, ekg, holter monitor, etc) and the chest x-rays, I am still always scared they have missed something. It has given me major anxiety. I have canceled 2 trips because of this. I'm always in pain and nothing seems to help. It seems like I cannot tolerate any medication - I've always been sensitive to meds. My husband cannot understand although he tries. He's only 29 - I'm 32. Can any one relate? I cannot believe how horrible this is. I've heard conflicting advice about using heat or ice for this. What has helped you?

Thanks for letting me rant!
Laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: Costochondritis is ruining my life....

Hiya Laura,

You poor thing, I do so understand your pain. I have had this condition for a number of years. For me the only way I get relief is to have steroid injections into my ribs. They are uncomfortable to have done, but worth it as they really do the trick.

Mine was so very severe that I was like you in constant pain, and this was the option that was finally decided for me.

Maybe it's worth you speaking to your doctor about if you are in such a lot of pain.

I hope things improve for you soon.

goldenwings

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
(female)

laura3377 HB User
Talking Re: Costochondritis is ruining my life....

Thanks Goldenwings! I appreciate your response. I go see the Dr next week so I will definitely mention the steroid shot and see what he says.

Take Care

Closed Thread