It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
(female)

chloe1234567890 HB User
Question Costochondritis

Hi there,
i went to the pain clinic yesterday as my Gp and gastro doc cannot find the cause for my pain, and within 20mins of being in the room he said i had costochondritis on the right side upper back below my shoulder blade and also on the last rib/false rib.

The pain doesnt keep me up at night im sooo exsausted come bed time i sleep straight away. But it does come back after about 10 to 20 mins being awake in the morning i do also experience really painful arm pain with this as well.

I do have 2 sore spots on my right side one direcltly inline with my bra line and the other is the very last rib.

At the end of the day i feel like my whole right side from the bottom rib right up to my shoulder into arm and hands ache almost like i have excercised my muscle are soo sore to touch.

Does this sound like costo???
As i have the pain all day sometimes dull sometimes really painful. Only on the odd day does it radiate into my left shoulder blade and chest it is more or less always in my right side.

They want to do an xray so they can inject some steriods into my ribs so they can watch it. Any Info would be appreciated on this.

Thanks

Old 09-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

jstoli HB User
Re: Costochondritis

I know it is attributed to a lot of female CP's that seem to come through the ER. I had it once and thought I was having a heart attack. I have never heard of dr injecting steroid into ribs?? I know that they say excessive straining, stress, hard coughing, and caffeine make the conditon worse. I was told that NSAID's really help, have you tried that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

janx HB User
Re: Costochondritis

Hi there,
I don't have a lot of input, but I am really interested as I have exactly the same symptoms. Please post again, so that I can follow your progress and experiences. I thought I was having heart problems, but thalium stress test was ok. Does laying flat on your back with arms above your head ease your pain? It does mine some. Thanks.
Brenwill

Closed Thread