It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
(female)

kerri123 HB User
costochondritis

hi all, just wondering if any of you guys with costo suffer pain all over the chest rather than in just the lower ribs?

Old 01-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: costochondritis

I sure do, I call the area my bra strap pain, as your strap would come down from the he shoulder to the breast, breast pain, collar bone, sore spots all over the edge of the sternum. I get really hard quick pains that almost make me hit the florr and scare the heck out of me. I get shoulder, arm ad back pain also, sometimes my entire rib cage feels likes it is smothering me.

My pain was on te left side but is on both sides now.To me it is worse pain than the pain of fm.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
(female)

laura3377 HB User

I suffer from chest pain. I'm not really sure if it's just costo or fibro pain or a combo of both. Regardless, it is all over my chest area. Of course, my pain in general is the worst in my upper body and buttocks. I have pain in my chest, upper back, shoulders (mostly the left one), arms and jaw. It's enough to drive me crazy because of the symptoms being the same as heart problems. I have had extensive testing and nothing has been found so I try to accept this is part of the fibro but it's hard sometimes.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I used to only have the pain in my lower ribs but this time it is all over my left chest wall. It is even more sever because it covers a larger area.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #5
(female)

pinkpenny1uk HB User

hiya,
just wondered if anyone out there can give any advice. i'm not 100% if i have costro, fibro or just atheritis (spelling).
i started getting rib cage pain about 2 years ago just after the birth of my 4th child. (it was a traumatic birth) at first i put it down to how my body had changed due to the pregnancy. the pain felt as though it was half way along each rib at first. now as time has passed i tend to get it more on the right then the left and it seems to move round to under my arm my shoulder and breast area. is this normal? i also suffer with health anxiety and when it first started in the breast area i was convinced i had breast cancer!
now i besides rib cage pain i also get pains in my legs (calf and front of leg more in left then right) pain in wrists, pain just under the shoulders bottom of the back, my ankles and knees.
i mentioned all this to my gp and he arranged for me to have a c reactive protien and bone density test done. these came back as normal so nothing else was done.

do you think i should go back to my gp for a second opinion or just wait and see how things pan out?
any advice or information would be most appreciated.
many thanks in advance
penny

Old 01-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

It does sound like you have fm but also sounds like costo.Your chest, shoulders and ribs sound like costo pain, the ribs really ache and you can barely stand clothing on at times with me. The leg pain I would think is fm. But we have trigger points in our chest also so who knows. I get a lot of breast pain, ouchie and have read that it is not the breast itself but the underlying muscles. Sure feels like breast to me.

Keep searching until you get a dx.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Closed Thread