It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Costochondritis: Chest Pain

Lordy,
Four days ago I was watering my houseplants and I got a sight chest pain from the tiniest twist ...Just a twinge in my front left side between diaphragm and heart. The pain was slight but I knew wjhat was to come.
I have spent 3 of the most MISERABLE days unable to sit comfortable or even lie down. Awakening for each of my nightly bathroom calls was agony.
And can I MENTION the pain of a cough or sneeze. Pain front, back and side...the whole left rib cage ached with every breath.

Yesterday was the worst and I popped 2 Alleve and hit the bed early and awoke feeling MUCH better, just sore.

Is ANYTHING more hateful then a bout with costochondritis? Well, yeah, a heart attack.

I guess we people with hearts that are less capable then they were when we were teenagers need to know the difference in the two kinds of pain. The FIRST rule of costochondritis is FORGET ABOUT TAKING A DEEP BREATH FOR DAYS. I was even trying to figure a way to belt up my chest to prevent inflation but I couldn't figure the logistics other than $200 worth of adhesive tape.

I'm a guy who can regularly press 200 pounds...but I can also get laid low wielding a lousy 1/2 gallon watering can.

Last edited by Lenin; 07-09-2007 at 05:03 AM.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: Costochondritis: Chest Pain

Ouch Lenin that sounds very painful. It must be the weekend to hurt ourselves. I did something to my back the other day i guess and it was bothering me when i would move, then when i got up Saturday i was in HORRIBLE pain, i couldnt sit or lay or move without it hurting. I went to bed in pain but woke up Sunday with hardly any pain left. Its funny how the wrong way of turning or moving can have us in pain like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

fancis HB User
Re: Costochondritis: Chest Pain

Ouch guys! I hope you both feel better soon. I hate costochondritis and with me it just lingers and lingers...Hang in there!

Closed Thread