It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User
Anyone with this?Costochondritis or similiar?

I am wondering if you experience the similiar things as myself as i am trying to get my anxiety down! I have had my heart checked and i have very tender spots in my chest and long ago i was told i have arthritis of my chest. Here lately i started PT and i keep getting these chest pains, it used to be in one spot but it comes and goes here lately in other areas as well. I read if something is wrong with the heart itself it will be at the bottom of the breast bone, is that right? Or something to that. I see the arthritis dr. on Wenesday and am going to ask him about this as like i said i've had EEG or whatever about a two or so ago and it seemd fine, also they have listened to my heart at appt.s . But ever since my thyroid levels got low this past year so many things have gone wacko!
Love, Monkey

Old 05-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
(male)

naklang HB User
Re: Anyone with this?Costochondritis or similiar?

I have psoriatic arthritis and get the chest pains occasionally. I'm very glad it is occasional because it is the worst pain I have. Right where the ribs go into the sternum. Ouch! When I first got it 10 years ago, I thought it was a heart thing too. All checked out OK, just inflammed connective tissue in the sternum. Nothing NSAIDS and oxycodone can't handle until it runs its course. Those 2 together do the trick for me so I can sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 06:22 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User

Hi

I have psoriatic arthritis as well and I have been taken to A and E twice with what I though was heart problems and turned out to be the arthritis in my chest.

Regards
Roniie

Old 05-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User

Thanks for the replies! Do you get this constantly or intermitent? Mine seems to happen like when i lean a certain way or turn and yeah it's right in the rib area and goes up the middle of that side and i had chest pains for like three days following this but i came to realize i might have aggrevated this as i was doing arm stretches as well ugh. The Dr. told me if i thought i was having chest pain related to the heart i should get a full work up but it has since passed and i was going to if they continued just to ease my mind! From the way it sound that things have just gotten somewhat worse over the years without much exercise. I have some small like fatty tissue around this area as well that i can feel , can that be related to the arthrits as well?
Love, Monkey

Old 05-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User

Hi Monkey

Yes, mine is intermittent, it is not there all the time. If I overdo it, it hurt. If I lift my grand daughter (18 mths) I have to put her down as it feels as though I am having a heart attack. If I twist a certain way etc. Havent had itfor a while because I now watch what I do all the time. Very frustrating.
It got worse after being on steroids for a year as my weight had gone up.

Hope you feel better soon, and get things sorted to put your mind at rest.

Ronnie

Closed Thread