It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

Missjay1977 HB User
Does this sound like Costochondritis??? Please help....

Ugh. Just frustrated with the **** pain! Please tell me if this sounds like Costochondritis:

Ive had this pain in my right side chest, kinda between my right breast and my shoulder/armpit for about 12 weeks. It seems to wrap around to my back (all the way across) but that is not nearly as painful as that little area between my breast and armpit. It hurts. A lot. I've told my GP about it 3x and finally he offered to do lidocaine injections but never told me what it was?????? So yesterday I had to go to gyno (recurrent yeast infections, is that fibro related? I thought i read somewhere that it was) anyway...I told her about the pain and she felt all around, didn't feel any mass or enlarged lymphnodes thank God, but still wants me to have an ultrasound. Thank God at least one of my docs is concerned with finding out what the heck it is.

I'm just so frustrated!!!! My family doesn't understand, they love me but they don't understand. Because I'm fat I think everyone just thinks I'm a lazy cow and I just want to sit on the couch but if they would only believe me when I tell them even sitting on the couch or lying is bed is stinkin' painfull too!!!! Ugh! Im so sorry, just have to vent. SO FRUSTRATED TODAY.

Thanks guys.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Does this sound like Costochondritis??? Please help....

i am wrapping you up in a big warm hug. it could be costo. for myself the pain is in the same place as yours is. that tiny spot between my breast and armpit that i rub till it is bruised. i am glad you are having an ultrasound. peace of mind is so important.
weight has nothing to do with pain. you are not fat or lazy. you are a beautiful goddess who has health issues. go look in your mirror and you will see the woman i see. lovely and fragil. like a delicate flower.
peace and hugs,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
(female)

Missjay1977 HB User

Blue, you're kind words have brought me to tears. Happy tears because I'm so glad that someone understands. Thank you so much for believing in me. It means so much. Like you said, peace of mind is very important, and of course there is still that nagging little voice in the back of my head saying that there may be something very sinister going on but I am hoping it is from the fibro. If it is costo who would be able to diagnose that? My GP? The rheum that dx'd me with the fibro released me into his care and sent a copy of the diagnosis/office notes to him. I guess I'll just get a copy of the ultrasound to take to him and then we'll go from there.

What you said about rubbing the spot until it is bruised, been there, done that too! The only thing that seems to relieve the pain is massage, it lessens it for about 5 days or so. I am getting one tomorrow. Its just so expensive so I think I can only afford about 1 a month at this point.

Thanks again for your kind words. It means so very much to me.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

your gp will be able to help you. costo is simply inflamation of the tissue surrounding the ribcage. simply, ha! giggle.
enjoy your massage. i do myself now that i know what to do. my pt taught me. i get a massage today too. only on my fanny. giggle. i am a pain in my own arse. since feb! i doubt i will ever take sitting for granted again. tee hee.
believe in yourself and others will follow.
peace,
blue

Old 06-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #5
(female)

Missjay1977 HB User

Blue, you made me laugh today for the first time all day! I hope your bum feels better after the massaage! My bum has been hurting too, on the right side, where it meets my leg. Ouch is right!!!

How long does Costo last for? I think I've read that it can be a longterm condition but I'm not sure. Do you know?

Old 06-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #6
(female)

Missjay1977 HB User

Blue, just in case you were wondering I had the ultrasound today and nothing was detected. Thanks again for your kind words.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

hi kiddo,
glad to hear it went well and nothing is there. costo flares and as far as i know is for life or till they find a magic pill. tee hee.
my massage helped alot. had to keep directing his hand to my spot. poor guy, his hand was sore after. over did the exercise tho. i had so much energy yesterday it just felt good. made 30 min. of multiple exercises. today one side of my brain says, dork, you know better. the other side says ha ha we did it, so there. silly me. of course i know better. today i can hardly walk. oh well, it was worth it. i made a goal and i am happy about it.
i am glad you laughed. laughter heals the mind and uplifts the body. best medicine there is. i am laughing at myself today and no doubt will all day each time my knee or hip says, hello?? dork, are you there?
you go have a wonderful day and know that this will pass and you will feel better. i totally prefer illnesses that flare up and subside. i love the windows where all is mostly quiet within and i am full of energy. gotta love it. it's my body. tried trading it in. nobody wanted to trade.
giggles and peace,
blue

Closed Thread