It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

Stabevrian HB User
Costochondritis and upper abdomen/stomach pain?

I was Dx'd with Costo back in January and after having many tests done I guess I believe the diagnosis. I had a CT Scan, XRAY, Abdominal U/S, and lots of blood tests.

I guess the reason I have a hard time believing it is costo is because I get really bad pain on the upper left side of my abdomen (stomach area). It seems a lot of people that have this complain of the pain being closer to the sternum and mine isn't.

Mine hurts the most when I am sitting at my desk at work or driving and the waist of my pants or skirt press into the area. I do get pain sometimes right under the breast as well.

But the worst one is the lower rib, upper abdomen- it feels like something is there pulling- like something is stuck behind the lowest rib or in my stomach.

Does anyone else get pain there?

Old 09-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
(female)

Madhouse404 HB User
Re: Costochondritis and upper abdomen/stomach pain?

Have you looked in Crohn's disease? I have both Crohn's and costo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Costochondritis and upper abdomen/stomach pain?

Another suggestion is visiting a chiropractor. I have had costochondritis (sp??), and what I remember of it (it has now abated), is that when I pressed on my sternum I had extreme pain. But, another thing that I experience which is not FMS related, is my ribs sometimes twist a bit. When I visit the chiro, he patiently manipulates the ribs back a bit and I am fine. When you stated you have pain under the breast, I thought maybe this is what you are experiencing as that is what happens to me. Just a thought.

Kirstee

Closed Thread