It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 04:06 AM   #1
(male)

Jamison513 HB User
Costo and heart palps..anyone else

I have had costocondritus that started with heart palps and a big panic attack then terrible chest pain for about 3 weeks since then I havnt been right I went to the er and the doc did a EKG blood work Xray and my blood
pressure was never high even. When the ambulance
picked me up..now the pain is almost non existing but come and goes but I've had heart palps more often anyone else have heart palps with costo

Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User
Re: Costo and heart palps..anyone else

yes i have constant heart palps i still thinki have heart problem even though i had all the tests lasr yr

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
(female)

xrebelangelx99 HB User

I get heart palpitations that sometimes cause my costo to flare up. I also have a fast heart rate (usually over 100 bpm or more) but they did loads of tests and found no reason for it. I took beta blockers for a while but they said I could stop.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
(female)

Sammy617 HB User

I also been having heart palps since my costochondritis first showed up 9 months ago. My doctor had me wear a Holter event monitor for 30 days where I would press a button each time I had an episode. The results were no arrhythmia was found but it did record the fast heart rate and the doctor could not explain why this was happening. I am going to see a Cardiologist at the end of the month just to make sure my heart is OK. But from what I am reading I think this is another symptom of costochondritis, so I'm feeling a little less anxious about it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy617 For This Useful Post:
alice38 (01-30-2012)
Old 01-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I heard that if there is not much blood volume the heart rate goes up a bit. On a day a person is bothered with low blood pressure it may be that the blood has not received enough water from what was taken in or that too much was put out from a diuretic, and there are of course other causes. Are any medicines being taken?

Old 01-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
(female)

Sammy617 HB User

Yes, I take beta blockers, a diuretic, and a vasodilator (Mavik) for my high blood pressure. I only take the diuretic when my BP starts to get too high (it is the only drug that seems to bring it down to a normal reading) because I noticed that I would get that cramping sensation in my chest when I would consistently take the diuretics. So you may be onto something there!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy617 For This Useful Post:
sjb (01-07-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
(female)

Lorraine1 HB User

Yes, I have palpitations with mine as well, especially if I get up real quick or bend forward. This seems to only be a problem when the costo is acting up. My heart has been checked and other than mild valve leakage, there is nothing wrong that would cause this.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #8
(female)

brooklynrissa HB User

ello(:

i have tons of heart palps, i was put on a 30 day heart monitor to see if they could find anything. i was dignoed with costo before put on this, i have major attacks all the time in school, during lax games .. everywhere. although i also have neurocardolgic which explains some of my palps. after awhile they become normal to you. i also have been dignosed for almost a year now.

im 14-years-old, but i know what your talking about and hope i helped i guess.
Brooklyn(:

Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #9
(female)

dakotamama HB Userdakotamama HB User
add me to the list!

You can add me to the list. My palps (PACs) and minor tachycardia started the same time as the chest pain, which they now figure is a mix of costochondritis and rib subluxation. I've noticed that when the pain gets especially bad, or after a day when I've seen both my chiropractor AND my physical therapist, the incidents seem to increase in number. I've wondered, and posed he question, if a raw nerve from all the costo and ribs could be hitting something, and it doesn't seem to be out of the question. I've had the whole work-up (Chest-X, EKGs, Echo, Stress Test, 48-hour Holter, 30-day event monitor) to basically be told that my heart is healthy... other than the fact that these events feel bothersome, they aren't normal but aren't abnormal. (Gotta love that answer)

Fingers crossed, when I get the chest issue under control, the palps will follow! Good luck to you. Please keep us updated.

Reply Reply