It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

gossamerfairy HB User
Information about costochondritis

I was diagnosed with costochondritis a few weeks ago. I was experiencing chest pain mostly on the left side; pain that was worsened when taking a deep breath (as a result my breathing was shallow, i guess as an automatic response to the pain when breathing normally) and pain that spread to my back and up the left side of my neck. It hurt worse when I would move around a lot, and would really hurt to bend over. But if i was stationary, I could feel it only when taking a deep breath or if i was sitting in certain positions. It also hurt worse when I would lie flat. I have had in the past a condition called spontaneous pneumothorax, which was, in my case, a 10 % collapse of the left lung. It happened a few times but has not happened in a while. So when I started having these new chest pains, I figured it was spontaneous neumothorax, so I went to the doctor for an x-ray to confirm. This time there was nothing wrong with my lung and the x-ray didn't show any other abnormalities. They did an EKG just to make sure it wasn't a condition with my heart. EKG was clean. So my doctor pressed on my chest and it was a little tender, so he then suspected it was costochondritis, and gave me a steroid shot and sent me home with steriod pills and anti-inflammatory medicine. These medications did not do much to make me feel better, but I took them and the pain was gone after another week.
Now the pain is back. Same pain as before. Except now there's this gurgling or fluttering in the left center of my chest when I bend over or have my legs pulled up in a chair. Feels sort of like air or fluid being pushed around as my position changes. And if I go to bend over, straightening up is painful, like something is being pulled on when lifting myself back up to standing position.
Anyone ever had this happen? Or do you think I should go back to the doctor and see if its possible something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User
Re: Information about costochondritis

i have having this exact same thing..i feel like a gurgling in the middle of my chest and feels like my heart is racing i fear my heart is bad even though i had tests and they were ok for an old lady of 67..the fluttering scares me into thinking i have a-fib which can kill you!!!

Last edited by Jada62; 05-03-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Closed Thread